Crysis 2 - RTFM

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Feb 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Wasn't it just the secondary PC Crysis thread that had the warez talk or was it my thread also? :frown:

2. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    No clue I missed all the action so assume that is what is the issue here as there is no final game to leak only the beta !

3. Beast

Beast Master Guru

GPU:
    -
    Both Crysis 2 threads had two or more pages discussing the leak and showing off the graphics from the leaked beta.

4. ct03

ct03 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 260
    Within 24 hours the info about the leaked copy will be on tons of news sites and on Wikipedia.

5. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    FFS PEOPLE.

As I said to a friend earlier crytek should now do all they can to get a playable pc demo out there. It may just help stem the tide a little of people wanting to nab the dev beta build just to see crysis 2 pc in action.

Do it Crytek, you know it makes sense now.

6. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    I agree completely, and i do think it would have been harsh to ban everyone, myself included.

I dont know, its going to be quite messy for you guys for the next few weeks, it could be a good idea to have a "Crysis 2 leak discussion will result in a ban" banner at the top( yeah i know excessive etc. ) in the meantime.

7. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I do understand completely why it was removed. Just a bit gutted as iirc it was the very first thread I'd ever started on here and it was a great success till the bloody leak sh*t started up. Oh well.

8. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    lol, you need to think up less contravorsial issues :p

9. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti
    I don't really see the point. It's an beta, non complete game. It's nice too test it this early just for how it runs on our rigs, even if it's beta.

10. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    the problem is that it's a leaked beta..not an official release..so it's a problem..

11. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i would love to know who leaked it and for what purpose myself :p. by all appearances it is an internal beta not public so it would seem it came from someone inside crytek.

beyond that i would love to know how does it look does it looked nerfed form the first game is the gameplay and "feel" of weapons intact or is it consolized now.

12. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    If only it were the 360 version that leaked. :grin2:

Didn't mean that.

I just can't see this turning out anything but bad for pc gamers in the long run. But crytek should lay the blame squarely on the internal leak if Crysis 2 ends up suffering sales wise. It only takes one person to cause such irreparable damage via a leak, it's the rest of us that support crytek and pay cash for games that get shafted.

13. zoso_the_hippy

zoso_the_hippy Master Guru

GPU:
    4 evga 3gb 580's liquid
  14. DrD0ctor

DrD0ctor Master Guru

GPU:
    graphics unit
    I think they've already shown which audience they favor, if I want a free demo it's already floating around the net. I don't really care about Crytek anymore though, it's not even worth my time.

15. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Until this thread I didn't even know there was any leak.

16. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    I would have to say that some PC gamers are just plain stupid ... they do stuff like downloading illegal copies/leaked version of the game then moan about why developers do not develop a certain game for the PC. Give the developers their credits for three years of hard work for **** sake. That really pisses me off.

17. DrD0ctor

DrD0ctor Master Guru

GPU:
    graphics unit
    This is their own fault, it's the dev build. They have nobody to blame but themselves, you can't blame anybody for actually downloading it.

18. proliferazor

proliferazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7950
    greaaaat one of the last devs to truly support PC gaming and they get ****ed by pirates. Same thing happened with valve. :( **** YOU PIRATES

19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The issue is that these days is that PC gamers are quite young.

The majority i speak to are in the late teens/early twenties and that is an age where males are at their most arrogant, and when they complain the most.

Edit: While you could say it was their fault, it depends if they game sells well or not, mine has been pre-ordered for a while now, so lets hope the pre-orders and then other sales, especially DD turn out good enough to justify Crytek bothering with the PC in the future.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  20. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    I don't advocate piracy and I'm against it as it does push developers away from my favourite platform but there is no way people downloading leaks will have an impact on sales.

But in the days of no demos what can you expect?

For the most part those that wanted to buy it will still buy it, those that just wanted a benchmark to run were not going to buy it either way,

And if the leak proves it is one big ass console port than crytek can go suck one anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.