1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crysis 2 - RTFM

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Feb 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Yeah it's unfortunate that so much is now restricted and locked down though it's promising that some more commands in turn were made available.

Hopefully the DX11 update will follow (Unless there's more of these patches planned first.) and then the editor and either of those will improve the situation a bit for those who want to customize the game a bit further or otherwise tune or tweak it.

I'm not entirely certain that will happen though, it might be that it'll only be fully accessible while in the actual editor as it uses a realtime mode similar to playing the game and there such commands can help testing and evaluating performance for example.

In the worst case this will only be available in the full Cry Engine 3 SDK coming after that for other games and projects.

The game is shaping up nicely and it's good they're actively supporting and updating so I'm not complaining much, would be nice to have it as accessible and configurable as Crysis 1 were however especially in regards to custom .pak files or full mod structures for custom content.
    (Texture replacers, tweaks or full modifications, easy to implement a "pure" setting in the server cvars as well I would imagine to balance it on official dedicated servers when on-line.)

2. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i have a feeling we're going to be charged for DX11, somehow its going to be bundled with the Paid DLC im hearing about. i just have a funny feeling, and something doesn't smell right! hopefully im wrong ...

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I think you are, i really couldn't see that, especially when they know that even most legit owners will just use cracked patches anyway.

If they did though, it would suggest that they do indeed care very little about how they market themselves as a company, but as wrong as it is, when did being greedy ever do a company anything but good.

4. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    im hoping DX11 will only be via paid for DLC.

Why? because they seem to be on such a great streak of PR for PC gamers that this will of course make it even better and we will all be rushing with our credit cards to buy it.

5. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    lol you mean they still did not put a dx11 patch out?
    you guys want to buy a bridge?
    pay now i'll get it to you sometime tba.

6. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    no, the upgraded uber DX11 as it was ment to be played gfx should hopefully come with a 10 euro DLC that will include an all new cowboy hat for your player and gold watch along with optional pink + white Y fronts( looks stunning on the suit apparently )

7. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Ahh pink and white y fronts, it just doesn't get any better than that, can't wait to see the tessellation on those bad boys :D.

8. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    lol you funny :)

9. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    If they cancel the DX11 patch saying the same excuse as before "No one talked bout DX11 on official releases" im gonna laugh out loud.

Bethesda's Oblivion Horse Armor DLC ==> "Impossible is nothing"

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  10. DirkGently

DirkGently Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 570
    Will there be any point in DLC for this game? I shouldn't think anybody will be playing the MP a month from now. Certainly not after BF3 is released!

Don't get me wrong, i love the SP but the MP reminds me of F.E.A.R Combat. Fun while it lasted but with a very limited shelf-life!

11. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Both Red and Green
    Yeah, according to STEAM data for today: Crysis 2 had 894 players on at their peak today... not that great for a nearly brand new game. For reference sake; Just Cause 2, a 1 yr old game with no multiplayer, had more than Crysis 2. Also, Counter Strike had over 63,000 at the peak today. ;)

12. KodY

KodY Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280X Vapor-X
  13. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080ti OC Stri
    Dudes I'm getting an issue here I need your help with
    Just moved form an AMD HD 5850 to an AMD HD 6950
    With the 5850 when I start Crysis 2 from desktop I just click continue playing the game loads and I start playing.
    With the HD 6950 I start the game just click to continue playing form the last check point the game loads and then when the images come up the screen is still, it then flashes and the fan on my graphic card shuts down and restarts then frozen loaded images again etc another blackout screen and the fan dies and comes back on. This happens for about 4 times and the level loads perfectly and I start playing as normal.
    If I reload last save checkpoint in game no probs ONLY when I start the game from desktop!!
    I do not have this problem with F1 2011, Shift 2, NFS Hot Pursuit or Dead Space 2 using this Hd 6950 or when I had the HD 5850
    I'm running drivers 11.4.
    Is there like a cfg file with the old graphic card number on it in the crysis 2 folder I need to change or something?

Or is it a PSU issue. is Crysis 2 my new 6950 and my year old Cheiftec 750W a bad combo?

14. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    Reinstall the game. I d try that.

15. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1060 6GB
    OK Im gonna paste them into my system cfg file... ım using 1.4 too.:)

I used it in my autoexec.cfg.. is it OK ? or do I have to use it in system.cfg ?

Last edited: May 7, 2011

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Yes you can copy it right over to autoexec.cfg if you want to use it without any other alterations. :)

17. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    I stopped paying attention to this game, but I saw this today.
    [​IMG]
    I'm guessing DX11 patch is coming soon?

18. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Cool just what i've always wanted, a nice big Crysis 2 poster! and a T-Shift to show how cool i am :D.

19. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080ti OC Stri
    stopped playing, waiting for the DX11 patch or I want my money back!!!

20. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    i gave up on DX11 for this( it was presumed to be there out of the box, regardless of being right or wrong ).

I finished it and doubt ill play again, far too linear

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.