Crysis 2 - RTFM

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Feb 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlooHook

BlooHook Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW SLI
    Na, I don't think so. The first game was a certified "Games for Windows" release and at that point in time I believe that Microsoft insisted that all games released under that moniker have controller support. Of course these days they've become a bit more lax about it. But at the same time, even with it's severe console bastardization, I appreciate that they left it in considering I like gaming from the couch from time to time.

Unlike those punks at 2K who took controller support out of Bioshock 2 so they could "make an interface that is more comfortable for PC gamers"

2. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    For fun I tried to play Crysis2 on my overclocked IGP HD4200 haha (currently 850mhz core, 1600memory), it plays in the 20's at a 1280x, so no not playable.

3. Marri

Marri Ancient Guru

GPU:

Well , I dont mean to counter set claims but why safe guard Crytek for tweaking Dx9 for their own comfort and alluding us.
    Point is the amount of work they probably put to tweak Dx9 to look like Dx11 is ridiculous in it's own right , why not tweak Dx11 to look like Dx13 !
    Plus thats one thing , forget Dx9 or Dx11.. I dont care as long as it looks next gen not current gen , epically not like what we had 4 years ago...lol
    Crysis 1 was that ahead , this is that behind..

We're talking about pushing next gen boundaries not mastering visuals for the ps2 or the iphone , had they worked this hard tweaking and mastering Dx11 or the many other aspects of using advanced tech.
    We'd be drooling over , not ranting against it's graphics..
    I dont remember people ranting about how unimpressive the graphics were in Crysis 1 , there's a reason for that because it was ahead of it's time..
    A tweaked Dx9 game is not ahead of it's time..
    Someone else should have done it not Crytek !
    Try to separate the two..

Would it not be fair to say , your tweaked Dx9 version of a supposedly super graphically impressive game would look weak in comparison to a highly tweaked Dx11 version..
    Adding super tweaked Dx9 bloom and making things look like ur walking into a candy shop doesn't work for everyone..
    It doesn't fool me into thinking this is exactly what it would look like had it been Dx11.
    It has been consolized , for all those who're wondering why that's such a bad thing..
    Probably missed the entire PC Crysis love affiar..
    It was important to PC gamers , it was the Crown/trend setting/Console eating/hardware breaking title..
    A game that wanted me to buy a better soundcard , to get a better GFX card , a faster Processor..

All that has changed and it's not positive because they designed it for consoles in mind and least attending the PC , it's obvious , this is what damages it.

In this , I think they're the losing party.. I dont find people rooting for the console version , only a disgruntled group of those who were once huge fans of the series talking about it because of their disappointment.
    If Crytek wanted to go multi platform they could have done so using some other name , instead they tainted Crysis into being nothing more then a botched up substandard secondary console fps..

So to find guys loving the game because it's working on the highest settings with their GTX260 , is frankly exactly where the problem is !
    Plus surly there must be a reason why the Ultra tweaked DX9 version still looks gimmicky compared to the older titles.. it looks very pretty in pictures but not nearly as impressive while playing..

I dont even want to talk about how bad the targeting is..

4. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Speaking of the huts, they were terrible. They didn't actually break, they just had few a dozen or so rigid metal sheets that fell apart. Nothing that actually broke.

Marri, I don't want a game ahead of it's time. It was horrible to play Crysis on low settings.

5. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    And now...some positive words: :eek3:

I love the way this game encourages me to change up my play style. For example, when fighting CELL, I typically cloak and snipe, advance, etc. However, when fighting the Ceph you must advance quickly or the nanojuice disappears, preventing you from upgrading your suit.

I'd also be willing to bet I'll have the longest playthrough in the history of playthroughs - 12 hours so far and I believe I'm about halfway done. I like to clear an area and then cover every square inch, sightseeing, finding stuff and taking screenshots. :nerd:

6. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Yeah i want that aswell, it's like your in a constant tutorial, the visor has a highlight item thing on it so why not just highlight the things you wanna pick up etc.

I'm about 7 hours in and i still get things like "press Q to activate armour" when jumping of a high ledge, i know what the buttons do, i've been playing for 7 hours.

7. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Does anyone know how to turn down volumes ?

i want to turn down the volume a bit of the guy saying "nanovision enabled" etc.

8. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    The only way is to disable the HUD completely

hud_hide 1

9. Omagana

Omagana Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    haha yeah that annoys the hell of of me, its a stupid name as well.

10. shimyns

shimyns Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE r9 290x Tri-X OC
    Anyone know how to disable the annoying glowing lines that outline objects you kick or pick up etc. ?
    It's really lame.... and I wish I could get rid of it...

11. CHUCKIT

CHUCKIT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 1080 8G
    does anyone know how to turn this game off?

12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    yes, just throw your computer out of your window.

problem solved

13. thales100

thales100 Master Guru

GPU:
    3-way SLI GTX 480
    [​IMG]

14. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570 SLI
    I know what you are saying...but Crytek are the people saying this is a pc game first...then we make it run for the console, no?

If that is the case....then no matter how nice the game looks, dont you think they need to follow thru?

Should pc gamers just be satisfied witth DX 9 but no DX10 or DX11?

You know...people who are perfectly sayisfied with this game, would not even need to use any of the other options.....like DX 11....quick save ect.....ect

But do you think that they should be there for the same people that bought the first game!!!!!!

15. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    [​IMG]

16. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570 SLI
    LOL....yeah....like you dont know what button to pudh after 5 hours......why Crytek.

I have said it many times....good gameplay....but damn, just get rid of those little consolized annoyances..

Really....does anybody here not know what flipping key to hit after 5 hours??

17. DF-1

DF-1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 580
    Every single MP match ive been in has a lvl 50 aimbot flying hacker.

Not to mention all the rank loss i gotten, i get up to rank 12 and it decides to reset to 9. about 5 times.

18. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
  19. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Would it be any good in 2 -3 months tho, most people would have finished it by then and probably shelved it.

20. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    My nano points are gone every time I close the game, any fix for this?

I read there is a trainer to get tons of points but I have never used a trainer before. Is there a command to get points?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.