1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crysis 2 - RTFM

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Feb 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    Crysis 2 threads have been removed from public sections of the forum.

Since nobody seems to give a s*** about the forum rules anymore, anyone posting anything relating to illegal copies / leaked versions of the game will be straight out banned.

2. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    Where can I buy it besides the EA store?

3. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    Nice. I was wondering when a mod was going to step in.

4. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    So, this will be Crysis 2 thread?

5. Texter

Texter Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Playtime will be roughly 10 hours. I just bumped into that somewhere...I'll try to find a link.

Ah...HERE

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  6. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
  7. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI FE
    I like ;0)

8. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    There will probably be a option to buy it off steam.

9. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti
    Good that a moderator stepped in. Everyone should support devs and wait for their demo as they intended. I for one plan on buying Crysis 2 to support Crytek, plus it looks like a damn good game.

10. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    most people do anyway

11. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Agree.
    Now, Crytek must release the Demo with DX10, or DX11 :eyebrows:

12. Chesskid1

Chesskid1 Member

GPU:
    XFX 4870 1GB

they aren't trying to stop the leak, they are simply trying to stop everyone talking about an illegal beta build of a game such as discussing gameplay or performance, when the only way to play is it an illegal beta build, it just reflects poorly on the forum.

at least if someone is playing an "early" copy there is a chance it's a legitimate copy, there is no chance here.

13. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    fair enough, but if the information is already available from legit sites that its out there then its completely pointless preventing the flood, or rather a lot of hassle for the sake of it.

While an ideal world would be wonderful its not the case and ive already reported this thread as just drawing more attention to it.

14. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I think its more to do with they don't want Guru3D being one of the legit sites linking to screenshots and video's, and tbh i don't blame them, i think a few of us got carried away with it all without really thinking about how it looked.

15. morbias

GPU:
    -
    You've reported the thread? Are you freaking serious? You're suggesting we just say 'screw it, let's all talk about the pirated game and where to get it'? Not going to happen.

Of course the other alternative is close this thread and ban all Crysis 2 threads from the forum until release day, and ban anybody that starts one.

A lot of people are lucky they haven't already received infractions, the rules are plain. No discussion of illegal software allowed.

16. AshCation

AshCation Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX580
    Crysis 2 will have a Demo , this Leaked Beta its almost the same thing ;x

Its only a preview.

But ok , rules is rules.

17. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    no cmon, your going overboard there, like i said its drawing attention to the fact that theres a leaked copy out there. I reported the thread just because of that because of course people are going to end up talking about it here anyway. I didnt report it because it shoud be a free for all.

I also said its pointless because it will be impossible to police.

Im not trying to be a w**ker, im just saying its going to be impossible to police, and i do understand from the mods point of view that its a lot of work, and a pain in the ass.

Again, i just reported this thread because its drawing attention, which i would think is completely against what youre trying to do.

I completely agree with you on links to pirated software and what not, but im 50/50 on whether discussion should be allowed simply because its out there now and people know. People will discuss it in other forums regardless, but yeah i mean fine not discussing it here but in that case the specific topic probably needs a lot of moderation.

Anyways, i just want to point out that ive no interest in arguing with mods or rules, just saying my piece and doing what i think is correct.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  18. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Good. I was getting annoyed with people just throwing around pirating games like it was a good thing.

19. morbias

GPU:
    -

I'm pretty sure all the posts that were removed were drawing more than enough attention -- reminding people of the forum rules is inavoidable at this stage, and I think you'll agree is a better option than banning everyone without warning.

That said, anyone posting spoilers here will also be spending time out without exception. There are plenty of other places on the net to do that if you are that way inclined.

20. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    Since when was a leaked Beta warez since you cannot buy it in 1st place ?

I know its not exactly 100% correct to leak things but who would actually use it as their real SP play through as its that buggy !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.