Crysis 2 - Multiplayer Demo Announcement trailer

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    was really good fun this one in my opinion and looked nice too

2. Omagana

Omagana Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Actually looks really good.

3. ct03

ct03 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 260
    If this looks meh, then so does every other game except Mirror's Edge.
    [​IMG]

4. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    Played a bit of the demo, and am disappointed. Anything I mention here is obviously only based on the multiplayer aspect, but I don't think anything drastic is going to be different in the whole game, at least in terms of what I take issue with.

Strength is no longer a selectable suit mode. Instead, it is context sensitive. Bascially, you hold jump and when you do jump, you lose energy. Likewise when you melee a car to kick it in to someone etc. I don't know what this means for being able to grab enemies and objects (if it is even still in the game), but what it does mean is you can no longer use strength to reduce recoil.

Stealth works more or less as I remember it, so no real issue there. Likewise with armour, although the effect looks really crap if you ask me.

Speed is removed and replaced by sprint, which means there is no longer a slower sprint that does not consume energy. Therefore, if you want to get any where without walking, you are going to get there with less than full energy.

I mentioned grenades being a seperate weapon in an earlier post, and the only thing else to add here is that at least they made it so that a double tap of Y selects the grenade, rather than having to cycle to it.

Melee feels a little clunky, a lot like BC2, but I don't know how much of that was any latency issues. I had full green bars when playing, but the other players were in the reds or yellows, so who knows. Likewise with the shooting. Sniper shots going over my shoulder in the killcam counting as a headshot, people spraying at an enemy, and they die when the bullets are no longer actually hitting them etc. I'm expecting this to just be lag, but it's something to look out for.

It wasn't a great amount of fun to play if I am honest. I ended up having a whack at Halo Reach again since I haven't been on the Xbox in ages, and it is still slick and great fun.

I didn't ever contemplate getting Crysis 2 on the 360 over the PC, but if the PC version has the same suit control as the console version, I will probably also be giving it a miss. The developers said they made things more intuitive, but really all they did was make them simpler. I can't really see anything improved over the original system here, and it is clear that it was designed to fit on a controller, rather than to be better for the player.

That said, graphics are really decent on my 22" Samsung, upscaled to 1680x1050 to match the native resolution. Would have a hard time arguing about it being one of the top looking console games for sure. Could do with some AA, but that could be said for almost all console games.

Here's hoping the PC version looks amazing.

Anyone else played it and fancy posting their thoughts?