Crysis 2 in PC GAMER

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Rifle_Grunt

Rifle_Grunt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 460 TOP + 88k physx
    (insert press of the Drama Button) - wow, and thats minimum spec!

2. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    I'll believe it when I see it. I was over the recommended requirements for the original Crysis and it ran like **** for me! It still dips down into the low 20fps. So that is why I say I will believe it when I see it and I am not crossing my fingers.

3. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    The Min requirements are the recommended for the original?

Nuts.

4. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    "Cryengine 3 will offer twice the performance of cryengine 2 at a similar visual fidelity"

-Crytek

I believe it too. The crysis 2 footage on console is an amazing accomplishment.

they basically have a 7800gtx and they can run the game looking better than crysis 1 did on high at 720p on my 8800gt did...which is about twice as powerful...

If they can get it to run on consoles looking good, then it will either blow your mind visually, or run beautifully and still look great.

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    i wonder if this game will support kinect or ps move.

6. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    possible, yet unlikely. Well... lemme rephrase that. Move = possible, yet unlikely. Kinect = you must be on drugs.

A friend of mine probably would have said I'M the one on drugs with that statement... but a little while back i pointed out the obvious flaws to a completely motion-tracking-based control system when he expressed interest in Kinect while at WalMart one day, and now he both hates me for pointing it out to him, yet is thankful that i saved him a fairly large chunk of money. That simple flaw? How would you move around in a FPS with no controller of any kind? Actually walk around the room? If you had to do that... you wouldn't be able to move very far. Walk in place? How would it determine whether you wanted to walk forwards or backwards? How about firing a gun? Move your finger as if pulling the trigger of the gun, you say? What if your other arm happens to be blocking the line-of-sight between the Kinect camera's and your trigger finger?

And the even more obvious bit that someone had mentioned possibly here at Guru3D... or maybe it was on Gizmodo or something..... Someone had said that they might release a gun controller to use along with Kinect. Ok.... so if you're willing to pay $150 for the Kinect camera itself... plus who knows how much for this "gun controller"..... why not save yourself probably $200 and use the controller the Xbox CAME with, that actually has BUTTONS and CONTROL STICKS that DO THINGS?

I'm sorry.... but i see at least somewhat of a future for PS Move. I don't imagine Kinect being used for anything more than party games, sports games, or racing games.

7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Have you never looked at the video games charts, they are dominated by sports, racing and party games lol.
    Motion tracking isn't a replaced for tradtional controls, its an additional one, no idea why people don't get that.

The sytem specs of this look kinda what i was expecting, and im sure that will have the game running on low/medium at an average of 30fps, just wish we knew when the demo was coming out, i don't even care if its MP only just want to see how it looks and runs lol.

8. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 GU
    I think they have a highly specialized team of monkeys that write system requirements... These specs are totally unbalanced.
    When they'll learn?

9. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Look fine to me, Crysis was always a GPU heavy, CPU light game, and i see Crysis 2 being no different, even with the new physics engine.

10. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce

11. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 GU
    We're talking about CE 3, which is a multiplatform engine and HAS to exploit CPU's too... Console gpu's suck.

12. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Who says it doesn't exploit them, i entirely expect that when the physics kicks in those on duals will no doubt have very low framerates, but Crysis, and Far Cry before that were GPU heavy games with lots of eye candy, this won't be any different.

Consoles GPU's do suck, but when your developing for one platform, you can get alot more out of it than with a similar spec'd PC.
    I still have moments in exclusive console games where im thinking, how the hell did they manage that on that hardware?

Nice trailer serp202, looks fun enough for a single playthrough, and since that is likely 360 visuals, im sure the PC will be in for something great looking.

13. ct03

ct03 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 260
    <<During his keynote speech at the India Game Developer Summit 2010, Crytek's Carl Jones revealed that Crysis 2 will have lower system requirements but will still look better than the original.>>
    http://www.qj.net/qjnet/games-for-w...rysis-but-have-lower-system-requirements.html

Haha Crytek. The game runs on a 360 with 512 MB total RAM and VRAM but requires 2 GB and an 8800 GT on PC? :bang:
    The requirements for Crysis 2 are roughly the recommended specs for Crysis 1? :bang:

14. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    An 8800GT is the minimum GPU requirement for this game!!! A graphic card that can play 90% of games on high settings!!! The graphics of Crysis 2 must be something really extraordinary if they require this kind of hardware as a minimum! This announcement just make me more excited for this game!

Time to buy a new GPU!!!

15. Texter

Texter Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Anything 'below' the 8800GT simply can't handle the textures of the PC version. That was the only reason why a 8800GT was the minimum for Metro 2033 -runs fine on X360, can be set to kill your PC- so I assume the same with Crysis 2.

16. PinguX

PinguX Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580
    Is'nt the 8800gt like 25% faster than a 3850 ?

17. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    So if an 8800GT is the bare minimum what will be the recommended card to play this with.......a 590GTX.....when it's released.
    Remember trying to play the first Crysis with a 8800GTX and it ran like s***, but then again tried it again recently on my 580GTX and it still runs like s***.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  18. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Super Jetstream
    a core 2 duo @ 2Ghz is faster than a 2Ghz athlon X2 tho, same with 8800GT vs 3850... >_>

19. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
  20. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]