Crysis 2 + HD6970 CF -> Help

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by kcuestag, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Stingray

Stingray Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Super OC
    Tried it, didn't work for me, AFR Friendly with Mode set to AFR. Still get horizontal lines/flickering.

2. damafan

damafan Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 580GTX Lightning III
    5970 here, renamed my game to bioshock.exe fixed the flickering problem but wont get good scaling from the crossfire.. getting around 45-60fps compared to 100+fps at default crossfire but bad flickering.

i guess there is no best of both world yet.. i begin to hate multi gpu setup and consider buying a 580GTX. had way too much issue with crossfire not working to its fullest potential.

able to run a game and able to run it at its best potential are different experience for me..

3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I wouldn't even be happy with 120+, not in a Dx9 game, its 6 years old now, todays cards should be ripping through it at about 10k minimum frames, and 2x in Xfire, jesus, should be htting about 15k minimum, its an effing joke.

4. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    I only have +120fps if I do the AFR Friendly D3D profile, but then I get annoying flickering :(

Do you guys think ATI will release a fix for this so that I can keep both +120fps and no flickering?

5. mao5

mao5 Guest

I think amd will release hotfix for it, but you maybe only get around 100fps. :nerd:

6. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
  7. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    meh ive also got the flickering. :( the cap didnt help for me aswell. tried 11.2 and 11.4 previes with and without 11.2 cap4

8. forlanshair

forlanshair Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 5970
    I've got the flickering too on my 5970 (using 11.4 preview and the CAPs that came out a few days ago). I have the retail DVD version. I ended up renaming the .exe to Bioshock.exe. It doesn't scale as well, but my fps is still usually around 60 (1920x1200, extreme graphics settings). I'll take 60-ish fps any day over that intense flickering that makes the game unplayable.

9. Eddythemaster

Eddythemaster New Member

GPU:
    6970 x2CF
    I feel you man. Im running 6970 crossfirex2 with a STEAM version of Crysis 2

* I have tried radeon pro-no luck
    *I have CCC 11.5 and the Catalyst Application profiles aswell-no luck

Both of my 6970's are at high stress, but i only get around 50-70 fps-and tbh it doesnt even look very good.

Unfortunately we're just gonna have to wait my friend trust me, I know its not the answer you want and you'll probably continue to troubleshoot for solutions-but ive been doing for weeks even before i bought the 6970's.

Theres just nothing you can do for now.

Try and enjoy it anyway my friend, its disappointing tho...

10. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    This thread is old, I was able to fix it already using Radeon Pro. ;)