Crysis 2 Direct X 11 ULTRA Package

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by giri.placid, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    I had both HDMI _and_ DVI connected at the same time. Game capped to 24FPS because of HDMI(24Hz movie mode?). When I disconnected HDMI and used only DVI, it went to 60Hz.

I never actually got into how to fix it, but I guess it has to do the game / computer recognizing the HDMI input as only 50Hz. So I would try to figure out how to fool the game to think it's actually 60hz.

2. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Thanks though. Might have to make a thread about it and ask around. Someone must know round here!

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I could never get Crysis to run with HDMI without a scaling problem - big black border around the game

4. bender

bender Guest

GPU:
    ASUS HD6970 DCUII 2GB
    May you tell me, which search engine you use? I couldnt start the campaign cuz of crashing everytime! Would be nice if sth exist like Crysis 2 no more crashing on first level fix.

5. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

Bah... and what do u know. You're just a guy who works with CryEngine.

You should listen more to our valiant forum members.
    Like for example - no one has any clue on the Crysis map structure,
    they've never heard that freaking water layer was allways there,
    yet everyone is outraged with its implementation.

Crysis 2 looks and performs admirably, yet 6 months after the game release they are still moaning, how their custom made hardware from cherry picked components ... is not properly used by the game :paranoid:

Because some software gossip article said that CryTek is purposely holding back their otherwise superbly tuned hardware from performing to it's fullest aka raytracing Crysis 2 in 120 fps.