Crysis 2 Demo Experiences

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by DigitalKilla_FL, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    played the demo before coming to office this morning. didnt know its MP only..made good kills...22 / 1 KD ratio and that 1 is i jumped down due out of ammo issue..how to gain ammo anyway? and how to slide like it happens in the videos pls? thanx.

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    To slide just run and crouch. That's all I've been doing and it's worked...

3. dshramek

dshramek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    I can't even play this game. Everything looks washed out & I can see though everything. It is like I am underneath the map. I have tried different drivers, but I still can't get it to run correct. I don't have my gpu overclocked & the temps are fine.:( sad face...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    not working on me . dont know why..i makde crouch as CTRL..maybe thats reason?

5. Zeppo

Zeppo Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560Ti / Sony 40-EX723
    ;) ;)

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    why no L3 ???

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Sprint for a bit, and then hold down the crouch button. Don't just tap it, you need to hold it down.

8. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    How?

9. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
    runs nice on mine, ive got it set 1680x1050 with it set to gamer.

10. Raider0001

Raider0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Jeezzz Dx9 wow graphics are superb like games from 2005, Crytek will not be supported by nvidia nor AMD for this ugly product.
    Please everyone, stop telling us how this title runs! We know that DX9 games will run on almost every computer today!

11. Aioras

Aioras Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti ***937;
    Your post has no point in fact, if you don´t wanna add anything here just stay away dude...

Now, the demo looks somehow a little bit worst than the leaked version, it works fine but nothing especial to see, hopefully once the DX11 patch arrives it will add some value to the final product, "hopefully..." when I first saw the leaked version I was thinking on buying it, but with the demo I change my mind, I prefer to wait once the DX11 is out.

I would like to try the demo with another computer I´ve around (E6600@3.0Ghz + 8800GT) and see how it runs, I guess it will be playable on gamer settings.

By the way, on my computer is running at around 40fps all the time wich is fair good for my HD5850.

12. Raider0001

Raider0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    My point is that im disappointed by antoher DX9 title, there is no evidence that DX11 will change anything graphics related, checkout METRO 2033 - they claim that it has DX11 and physx but i didn't noticed even tiny detail. In fact the only game that has: proper physx is Mirror's Edge, proper DX11 is DIRT 2 (only water), there is no tessellation game today i was hoping Crysis 2 might have some, now i have no hope.

Today every single game is worse and worse, yes texture work is higher and higher but the rest did not changed. You cant blow a hole in a wall, u cant move water from place to place, sound is terribly implemented ( makes me fell like impaired) and producers forgot about some EAX effects, real 128 sound samples at one time, A3D sound technology from the past could even make surround effects based on 3 dimensions, walls, flors and material quality (unlike EAX that is enabling/disabling reverb based on script). Game producers forgot about HARDWARE, hopelessly trying to fix it by software or even worse not fixing it anyway:bang:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  13. Jae-So

Jae-So Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    Why is it silly, itz kinda suggests that Crysis 2 will be a console port, I'll buy it when the PC version is finished, patched to DX11 etc, hopefully it'll be half price by then

14. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    meh, i dunno. not sure about this game at all!

15. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    FuryXfire 3440x14freesync
    Well dang I already preorder my crysis 2 but no DX 11 and blowing holes in the wall I want my money BACK NOW!

16. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    gtx 970
    agreed,it was a day 1 buy for me,but with no dx 11 ill wait as well,just not worth the money for me on pc for an "incomplete" pc game

17. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    I keep hearing from others since I've yet to get it to load lol (not in much of a hurry either) that this game looks alot like Call of Duty. I just watched BF3's game play trailer and it looks like COD too!??! BF2 was more arcade like with the ragdoll effect and so on, I'll keep my pre-order of the game cause I want to see how the story goes but I'm thinking I'll be disappointed in how it evolves with the graphics.

18. frankenberrie

frankenberrie Member

GPU:
    ATi PC 5870 1GB 875/1225
    Runs really well on my system - I was very suprised

<---- Specs

19. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    servers down? i haven't been able to connect for the past 10 mins. i'm wondering if anyone else ois having this problem?

20. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    I dunno.... i was playing last night and found that whenever i tried to join a server that was hosted here in the US, i'd be sitting around with everyone else talking in the chat window never being able to get into the game..... but playing in a German server worked just fine.... ping and all.