Crysis 1080P 24hz 9.11 & 9.12 drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by KingDazza, Jan 12, 2010.

1. luv2increase

luv2increase Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 - 800/1600/1900

I think you need to take a screenshot or picture. That is what (alt + enter) does... It switches between "full-screen" and "windowed mode". How it is only switching from "windowed-mode" to "windowed-mode" for you seems quite odd indeed. :bang:

2. KingDazza

KingDazza Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    Surely you're now using the Beezley solution though? It negates the need for any alt/entering :)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  3. luv2increase

luv2increase Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 - 800/1600/1900

Wow!!! No more (alt + enter) for me LoL

Thanks a lot beezley!!!!! You are a life saver :)

4. KingDazza

KingDazza Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    :) Cool, now you see the light he shone for us... :) Lucky we now are!

5. Ricaspecada

Ricaspecada Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 5870
    That is not a fix. To me doesn't work...

6. Mega

Mega Active Member

GPU:
    Club3D R9 290 @ 4096x2160
    When I bought my power colour 4890 back in April 2009 I notice the issue too.

Took me 30min to 1 hour using my brain and fingers and tapping on this plastic thing with a tail on it to fix it. Read and posted on ATI forum.

I'm using hdmi. All you have to do is check under HDTV support the following.

Add 720p60 format to display manager (NTSC) <-this fixed a off center issue.
    Add 720p50 format to display manager (NTSC)
    Add 1080p60 format to display manager (NTSC)
    Add 1080p24 format to display manager (NTSC)
    Add 1080p50 format to display manager (NTSC) <-this fixed my 59hz issue.

If you HDTV uses 59hz the add 1080p60 no long holds true so it defaults to 1080p24. After adding 1080p50 it will show at 60hz and work like 60hz as intended in any game at any directx version.

7. Ricaspecada

Ricaspecada Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 5870
    Doesn't work. Crysis still at 24Hz.

8. luv2increase

luv2increase Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 - 800/1600/1900

You are obviously doing something wrong then because it works for everyone else. :bang:

9. beezley

beezley Member

GPU:
    5870 Powercolor
    you could try waving your hand like a jedi and saying "You WILL work" j/k

.....are you saying the option for 1080p is no longer in the crysis menu or the ccc menu/windows menu?

go to the hdtv support tab an add 1080p 60hz to be forced. check if the option is then available in ccc/windows.

if that fails try deleting all files APART FROM YOUR SAVES in my documents>my games>crysis> then restart the game and try altering the settings again.

and finally i don't think one fix will work for all, we all have different setups so do require different settings. Good Luck, I hope it sorts it out for you buddy as i and others know how annoying it is.

10. Mega

Mega Active Member

GPU:
    Club3D R9 290 @ 4096x2160
    Warhead works for me. The only thing in warhead I have to double alt+enter for full screen otherwise it won't show up. I'm using 8.70-091210a and used 9.11 and 9.12.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010

11. KingDazza

KingDazza Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    That used to be an old fix for earlier drivers, but for me that does not resolve the issue on more recent drivers like 9.11 and 9.12.

12. bummerman

bummerman Master Guru

GPU:
    7970 tri-crossfire
    sounds like a monitor issue. Crysis has trouble with TV resolutions in 64 mode.Crytek should have corrected the issue a long time ago but blamed the public and piracy and not their advanced game engine, that is still too demanding for hardware developed two years after the games release, for the game's dismal retail sales. As a consequence, their "after release" support has not met Far Cry standards

13. kitch9

kitch9 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    Download Malwarebytes run a scan and see if it picks up this as an issue:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoActiveDesktopChanges

If it does tell the program to fix it. I may have cocked my previous instructions up so it would be nice if you can check it for me.

The scan takes 5 minutes max. You can get Malwarebytes from the link below.

http://malwarebytes.org/

14. bm010

bm010 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680
    I'm having the same issue - except at 1920x1080@50hz. I've tried every fix in this thread plus some others that supposedly used to work.

Catalyst 10.2 fixed the issue (not even sure how because at first it didn't until I reset the resolution through desktop/screenres) but now I'm using the 10.3 pre-release beta which brings it back?!

Has anyone managed to completely fix this problem with CrysisWarhead -dx9 or 10 yet?

15. beezley

beezley Member

GPU:
    5870 Powercolor
    hi mate what fixed it for me was uninstall catylyst and drivers......use driver sweeper then;

1.reinstall 10.2
    2.go to device manager and uninstall delete driver(the driver you just installed)
    3.manually install the driver from the 10.3 beta
    4.use image scaling options in ccc (enable gpu scaling, scale to full panel size)

had the same problem as you and this fixed it, hope this helps :)

16. kitch9

kitch9 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    Enabling GPU scaling fixed this issue for my mate in is 1080p monitor too.

17. bm010

bm010 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680
    Thanks, I gave this a shot and it didn't work unfortunately. I installed 10.2 and it works, but as soon as I manually loaded the 10.3 driver (devicemanager) and rebooted, the issue came up. Tried all other fixes and gave up after 30 minutes.

I'll just stick with 10.2 for now I guess. 10.3 netted me 600+ vantage points so I figured it was a faster driver than 10.2 and wanted to continue using it.

18. beezley

beezley Member

GPU:
    5870 Powercolor
    sorry it didn't work for you, crazy how some fixes work for some and not for others..... oh the joys of pc gaming.

19. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    That is the only thing that got the 24hz issue fixed for me.

20. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6900XT
    Is it safe to NoActiveDesktopChanges Value to 0 anyway ?

what does it do in windows 7 if it's 1 or 0 ?