1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crysis 1 remake (rumor)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, Aug 31, 2019.

1. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    Pretty sure it was just a tech demo to showoff new engine build.

SerotoNiN likes this.
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    How do you explain the crysis music then? Its must have been a tease or something (lets hope).

3. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    Crytek using their IP for showmanship and presentation I would guess.

But there was the Crysis build using the newer Cryengine on Xbox 360 and PS3 few years back, so I guess anything is possible. If not a remake, then maybe a reboot or continuation to Crysis 3?

4. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    It's most likely just a tech demo, but I've never seen them add a specific Crysis reference like this before in any of their previous demos. Although I doubt a new Crysis is in the works, it does make you wonder...

I thought the Crysis games were all decent single-player shooters in their own right. They were certainly technical marvels for their time, but I never saw them as just a tech demo.

5. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    I agree. I think Crytek was just showing off their IP to showcase the tech demo. I don't see a big demand for a Crysis remake. Let's be real, the game sucked. Turning invisible and enjoying the graphics was all it was about.

drandiiski, signex and vbetts like this.
  6. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    I am one of those who believe Crysis was fun. The thing is that the game rewarded experimenting, I discovered how to enjoy it after watching funny youtube videos that didn't play them like a basic shooter.
    Back when the 360 version was released, I was yearning for an updated Crysis 1 and Warhead for PC too.

I was frustrated back when Crysis 2 (2011) was released and only supported DX9, then it got a DX11 patch without DX10 support, and Crysis 3 (2013) was the first DX11 hw only game. It feels like the management at Crytek just did everything wrong.

cerebus23 likes this.
  7. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    2070 subpar RTX OFF
    Crysis 2 was a solid shooter (could care less what api it was running on) whereas Crysis 1 was garbage. I never have and never will bother to finish that game. I may one day play through Crysis 3, although what I did play of it didn't impress. A Crysis 1 remake is not something I'd be interested in given the original's lack of character. As soon as the generic military guy starts talking at the start, I just wish the whole team would plummet to their doom.

8. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    As he said, just part of a tech demo to show off the engine's new updates.
    The music just goes with the game.

Doesn't mean anything really.

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Come on guys be more optimistic. :p

10. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Optimistic for what? An EA shooter with fancy visuals, most likely built around "continuous customer spending"? EA still holds the rights to Crysis, so it would be them who'd dictate what sort of game it would be.

11. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    @Undying listen to this,i have to agree with you, it is a great soundtrack probably one of the best in the gaming industry

Undying likes this.
  12. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Optimism does not go with EA.

13. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Except in relation to expected BF5 sales before release :D

Who cares about remakes... they could just flash out a new part of the series, which would make more sense, marketing wise.

14. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    if they remade it reworking the last half of the game, boost the suit a tad so you can play with the powers more. and some of the dialogue should go bit cheesy.

yea really they should flat our reboot the series why not movies and series do at the drop of the hat. the crysis series will good to very good is not some sacred cow with immutable lore that we all cherish, just reboot it, suits cool, aliens cool do stuff with it.

and you can set it in pacific island like crysis and huzah china is viable as a current day bad guy. core crysis intact. do the aliens stuff a bit better and make the game play more fun. better alien ai and variety would help. first crysis was best when you had a sandbox to play in and worst when it got linear. you could spend hours in those sandbox levels.

15. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    It's not the first half of the game that needs to be reworked.
    Yes, the suit needs to be adjusted, because as a "super soldier suit"... it's really weak and poorly designed. BUT, the first half of the game is the strongest part.

The game falls apart once you reach the caves. From that point forward, the game is... just... poorly paced, poorly designed... just poor.

alanm likes this.

16. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Carfax talks BS again.
    No, UE is not on the level of Cryengine, and never was.
    And have you noticed that this video is from Quixel, aka Megascans commercial. This doesn't represent real video game situation, not even close. It's a joke.

17. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    I'd like to see CryEngine make a game like Gears 5 and have it run at dynamic 4K 60 FPS on a console with that kind of visual fidelity! :D

Has a 60 FPS title even been made on CryEngine? o_O

The point I was making with that video is that in the right hands, UE4 can produce very high fidelity graphics that also performs well. If you want a more real world example, look no further than Gears 5 which runs at a mostly solid 60 FPS on the X1X.

18. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    When you say 60FPS, I assume you mean console game.
    Because, it's very easy and possible to attain a solid 60fps on multiple CryEngine titles on PC.

19. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Absolutely. In today's PC game technology we have low level APIs again, so hitting and sustaining 60 FPS has become paltry. Even low end CPUs can do that nowadays. If you have a high end CPU, you can typically hit and sustain triple digit framerates with ease in most titles that are optimized well and aren't heavily GPU bound.

But for consoles, hitting 60 FPS is FAR more difficult, mostly due to how weak their CPUs are. And this is amplified even more in a game like Gears 5 which has AAA production quality with lots of detail and effects. What The Coalition accomplished with Gears 5 astounded me, and demonstrated in my eyes that I was absolutely right when I proclaimed UE4 is one of, if not the best 3D engine out there for games; especially in the hands of competent developers.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't think of a single AAA console game that runs at 60 FPS on CryEngine, much less one that has as much eye candy as Gears 5.

20. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Considering the engine was built for PC, and then almost backwards engineered to work on consoles...
    It's not surprising.
    Where as Unreal Engine has LONG since been primarily focused on console development first.
    But, any engine is only as good as the developer behind it. That's nothing new.

But, also remember, past Gears titles ran at 30 fps on the Xbox. Even Gears 4 was only able to achieve 60fps on the Xbox One X through "Performance Mode".

Personally, even though I really liked Gears 4, nothing about what I've seen of Gears 5 has made me want to play it.
    I'll probably get it eventually, but right now... meh.