Crysis 1 remake (rumor)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, Aug 31, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    The true next gen. :D

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  2. dezo

dezo Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080s
    Well, yes! Given the amount of hype and megawatts wasted... :D
    Actually no, I didn't even expected any form of raytracing in this. My biggest hope were engine optimizations to better utilize multicore CPUs - to avoid the annoying framerate dips the original game has. Besides, there are already reports in this very thread that it runs miserably even with the raytracing disabled, so whats the point?

3. MarkyG

MarkyG Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    Looks like the latest patch broke vegetation physics:

Kaleid likes this.
  4. NightWind

NightWind Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG 2060 Super
    Back in the day bought a new cpu and gpu as well for Crysis lol
    It was dual core cpu and nVidia 7900 then 8800.

5. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Actually people report that it runs better now. If you compare it to the original it works better even with more details. But to expect an old version of the engine to work much better with today's CPUs is a little bit too much. This requires much more work.
    And believe me Crytek has shortage of people. I know this, i have talked with some of them.
    About raytracing performance, check this for example:

6. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW U
    I remember when crytek enabled dx9c SM3 support in the original Far Cry and it would cause awful stutter from weapon muzzle flashes. Made the game near unplayable on my rig even though it looked nice.

I still can't believe the way they hacked in RT using Vulcan extensions with DX11 codebase. I think that's what they done. Don't know why they couldn't convert the game to their latest engine.

AsiJu likes this.
  7. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Yes they call Vulkan API for Hardware Accelerated RayTracing, which obviously is not the best solution. Btw, some sources say that they have ported it to the latest engine, but this doesn't mean that it will work perfectly just like that.

8. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    [​IMG]
    Performance is better. Thats all V.HIGH.RayTracing Performance,Vegetaion Medium.1440P

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  9. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    Hey guys. For what is option : OBJECT DETAILS? Its cpu or gpu related? I must have that on MEDIUM to have 60Fps always with rest on V.HIGH

10. noGuruATall

noGuruATall Active Member

GPU:
    gtx 580 3GB
    utdUjDR - Imgur.jpg
    HDR for me after patch it's still broken. Anyone confrim taht is working fine?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020

11. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW U
    Yeah that's what it looks like for me.

I have to say this remaster is f****** awful compared to the original. Runs like crap just like it did back in the day, the sound effects sound off too, even the suit voice doesn't sound as good as the original. what the hell did the do???

Feels bad too, especially after playing Doom Eternal. Hope it's fixed up after a few patches.

12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    https://www.resetera.com/threads/cr...ned-for-august-2020-and-february-2021.317704/

Some update as to the status of Crysis 2, 3 and a compilation of all three.
    Delayed but probably still planned.

EDIT: Also that eight month cycle seems really bad especially covering multi platform from consoles including the Switch and PC so a year maybe even two would as I see it be a lot better for all the testing also needed and getting this done and done well at that.

Costs more though.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
  14. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Crytek has paid €140000 for using Denuvo in Crysis Remasted for one year

They probably spent more money on Denuvo, than on making this remaster.

Duke Nil, Undying and JonasBeckman like this.
  15. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    The state of this game is better DRM than Denuvo could ever be. Crytek wasted that money, and should have put it into the remaster.

16. skacikpl

skacikpl Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 8G
    Every time i see those numbers, it baffles me how people in charge see it as financially viable, especially for rehashed products.
    I always found it weird as it seems to be near a religious level dogma in otherwise pragmatic environment that is business - normally if a company sees that numbers don't add up, they course correct and stop pursuing strategies that are financially sub optimal but in gamedev, despite at least 3 separate, paid and corporate issued (by likes of Ubisoft and EA) studies that DRM is not worth the effort and money, companies still sweep that fact under the rug and continue to invest into it.

Which in turn cuts money that could've been better spent literally elsewhere, like oh i don't know - longer development time? I imagine higher product quality would translate to better sales.

17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    The EGS exclusivity probably covers for some of those costs, investment in itself probably also works more for investors and shareholders though it looks like it barely upheld the monthly protection here for what I can find it took 35 days to a version that circumvented the DRM to come out.

18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I don't know why they would waste the money on it to be honest, it's a very old game at this point and there are already cracks for the original game, which funnily enough is the superior actual PC version of the game.

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  20. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    It's very obvious by the quality of the released product, that crytec didn't have a big budget for this remaster.
    Considering that there are mods better than this remaster, speaks volumes to the lack of effort in making this remaster.
    Wasting this much money on denuvo, just took out a big chunk of the initial budget.
    This condemned this game to be much worse than what it could be if they had not wasted money on Denuvo.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    cerebus23 likes this.