Crysis 1.2 Patch Update - briefly

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    .... and.... every other game with a massive view distance like Crysis's renders everything as it would be if you were 2 feet away from it? And of course CoD4 will run smooth on your computer. A) it has next to nil view distance, and B) just like UT3, they probably made it to be for LAN parties as well. Crysis was made to be a visual masterpiece, which it is. The thing with the game though, which everyone seems to think of as "crappy coding" or "poor performance", is that they made the game to also look good in the future. Yes, CoD4 runs excellent and looks pretty good too....... but that's as good as it'll look. same with UT3.

Comparing Crysis to CoD4 is like comparing a Lotus Exige to a Bugatti Veyron. Both nice cars, but entirely different design and viewpoint when created, causing a large difference in performance.

I've said it thousands of times before, and i'll say it again. I'd much rather have a game that stresses my current hardware, even making me drop details from "insta-max everything" like what can be done in CoD4 and such, than a game that can be maxed out from the get-go, and offers nothing for future enhancements.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2008
  2. fischju

fischju Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Visiontek Radeon HD 4850
    The draw distances in Crysis suck. Look closer when using the GPU benchmark.

3. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    The sad thing is, you could see the same problem in cryengine 1. The stippling is really bad.

4. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    fischju: i'm pretty sure he was pointing out the fact that the objects far off in the distance aren't rendered as well as the stuff right in front of you. but honestly.... that's understandable. i mean.... it'd kinda be a waste of resources to render something and animate it and all that stuff when you can hardly see it to begin with. Plus.... i mean.... if you look TOO closely, what are you gonna see, pixels?

5. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Custom Config.

6. fischju

fischju Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Visiontek Radeon HD 4850
    If you want it to run at 3 FPS.

7. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    Moving away from the performance issues, I hope that crytek creates more memorable characters for crysis 2. Some how the cardboard cutout heroes and villains really stuck out like sore thumb.

8. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    i basiclly have no rock popping or tree popping up ingame.

and it doesnt run at 3 fps

Last edited: Mar 7, 2008
  9. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    I was wondering, what res you run at?

10. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    1280*1024.

i havnt tested the new Beta drivers or 1.2 patch yet either.

11. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    the patch didn't really change anything for me. Will try it on the laptop with the 8 series card and see.

12. Captain Mazda

Captain Mazda Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX580
    I don't understand all the hate for Crysis. It runs as smooth as butter here averaging over 40fps with 1280x1024 and all high. With 2x AA, the frames drop to about 20-30 in the final battle sequence which makes it a bit unplayable unless disabled.

Too bad Crytek is concerned about the multiplayer whereas perfecting the single player should be their main priority.

13. tr4l1975

tr4l1975 Guest

GPU:
    sapphire RX480 8GB OC
    The complaints are because FPS below 60 aren't acceptable as "smooth", they are borderline tollerable. and to drop below 30 is just not acceptable. Add the fact people want crank settings up to max, run resolutions 1280x1024 or higher with max settings and get low framerates just makes it worse. As for why Crytek is focusing on multiplayer is quite obvious, gamers want to go online and play with other gamers. It's become the norm nowdays, focusing on singleplayer would result in huge losses in $, because customers would shift their focus to better supported online multiplayer titles.just a couple examples: look at the UT series,WOW,and thie list goes on.

14. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    on a slightly different take, the multiplayer is ok. The single player was woefully lacking. Once you get over the "oohhhs" and "ahhhs" on the pretty graphics, its pretty mediocre. At least UT3 creators were willing to own up about shortcoming which weren't really all that bad.

Crytek still haven't commented on what could be one of the bigger letdowns in terms of a very linear experience. I was absolutely looking forward to this game for a long time, but clearly they learnt very little since far cry in terms of story telling.

15. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    Cyrsis is one of the best games ever released.... lots of haters here.

16. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    True about the slight ignorance, as its not like the 7900gs will do as seems to want...

Also I think crysis is more of an expensive tech demo showing users what can be done, and just how 'well' it can be implimented.. ha.

If you want draw distances you get stalker or obvlivion imo.

17. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    http://www.crymod.com/thread.php?postid=115924

Here are a bunch of workarounds should you have trouble installing the patch. Anyone wants to whack the guys at crytek over the head?

18. gaspah

gaspah New Member

GPU:
    Inno3D 8800GTX HR03+ @ 650/1050
    I just don't see the point in powerful 3d engines if all you're seeing is dirty middle east ghetto alleyways.. never playing COD4 have i just finished killing some people been driving past some real sweet spot and just had to get out and go for a swim cas it looked so inviting... Bioshock looked real good too I enjoyed the whole undewater post dated theme neon lights and spooky s... awesome..

I agree nothing looks anything like Crysis... it is just playable on Very High on my rig but Very Very playable on High..

but something i notice here.. those with 8800GTX seem to like Crysis but those with 7-series don't like it so much..

Ohe.. i get the windows installer 1642 error when installing the patch....:bang:so how did you install the patch Blue5??
    (running Vista Ultimate x64 SP1 over here 169.44beta Nvidia)

Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
  19. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    ah, the fugly error 1642. I tried a whole bunch of things, but the only thing that seem to work was reinstalling the game fresh.For such a big production, this is a really unprofessional job.

20. RKOver

RKOver Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 @ 900MHz
    This patch has decreased my frames.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.