Crysis 1.2 patch released!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by alanm, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Not noticed much of a performance increase, however the rear wheels seem to b missing lol

2. David16k

David16k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 7600GT XXX 256MB VIVO
    Go to Start, Run and type: services.msc , then click ok.

Then you'll see a list of Windows services. Find the DCOM service in the list and make sure it's enabled.

3. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Hmmm....I tried it, seems it's started, startup type is automatic, Log on as Local System. I checked with task manager and it doesn't show up there though...:3eyes:

4. bfGDennis

bfGDennis Master Guru

GPU:
    Bfg GTX 295
    most useless patch ever!

5. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    yep...very useless for singleplayer mod...

6. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    missing rear wheels threw me thought they had been blown off untill i came across the next vehicle.

I then shot where the rear wheels should be and blew the tyre and the wheel rim apeared... nice

7. Jagman

Jagman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    16GB RX6800
    And I thought it was just me! The ordinary civvy pick-up vehicles are OK though, it's really strange...:gape:

8. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    lol, see? I was saying the glitches still here like the missing rear wheels. The 1642 error can be remedied by reinstalling.

9. adabiviak

adabiviak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980Ti
    uh oh... just installed and am downloading the patch now. I left Punkbuster off (I don't play online).

This is starting to sound like Stalker...

10. MwR

MwR Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980/4GB SLi
    Y'know, they definately tweaked the physics this time, because the good'o "kill General Kyong with ammo crate" trick won't work anymore, and with 1.2, it works like crap for me (using 174.20 beta now, heard that the new 169.44 beta works specifically for this, will try it later), benchmark is the "Paradise Lost" stage...

Update:
    Ok, there's definately improvment in the game, but noticably there're hicups in some areas previously not there in ver. 1.1. And benchmark got 37 fps average, a whole 10fps short against ver.1.1 in my case.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2008

11. Jagman

Jagman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    16GB RX6800
    So punching General Kyong into a pulp in strength mode, like I did, may not work either then? Or could take a bit longer I suppose......I did give him a damn good thrashing :smack:

12. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    I'm also beginning to hear scratching in audio. Any clues about that?

13. MwR

MwR Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980/4GB SLi
    That still works, which I've tested it out, just that it won't be a one-punch deal anymore, a few more clobbering is needed, preferably after you've knock him off the platform, get close and then start to land punch after powered punch. 4 punches the last I tried.

14. Paladinchan

Paladinchan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3
    i just grabed a machine pistol on the floor.. the guy has a mini-gun.. no way im getting close to him..lol

15. Nemes1s

Nemes1s Master Guru

GPU:
    2x560Ti SLI ASUS + EVGA
    I never knew cars looked so funny without rear wheels. HAHA. Some massive patch. Who is willing to take a bet on the fact that some dudes at crysis working on the patch were trained by microsoft?

16. tommcd64

tommcd64 Master Guru

GPU:
    Quadfire 2 4870 X2's
    I just ran the 32bit and 64bit benchmarks with my 3870 X2 in Vista64. On both sets the Min Framerate and the Average Framerate went up. The best playable rates were in the 32bit with DX10. I have not tried it forced in DX9 mode yet. This is at 1680x1050 with no AA and all settings at medium.

17. MwR

MwR Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980/4GB SLi
    That's happen when you run a pre-1.2 save, once past that point, everything will back to normal. Start a new game, and those Humvee will have wheels as they always do.

18. orgnlprankster7

orgnlprankster7 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 8800GTS 512
    is it only when you shoot enemys and vehicles? if so its the new hit sound, im not to fond of it.

19. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    I've completed this game once already pre the 1.2 patch. I played at 1360x768 and V high settings. It was mostly ok apart from a few painful framerate moments. The framerate was mostly around 20-30. Memory usage was reported in the games console at around 1GB to 1.4GB.

I've installed the 1.2 patch and started to play through again.........Although I can't. Memory usage starts at around 1GB but creeps up and after 20mins or so memory usage is around 1.8gb and my framerate is in the single digits.

If I quit back to the menu and load a save where I know framerate was ok memory usage will still be 1.8gb and climbing with the framerate dropping even further.

Anybody else getting this? I've tried 3 different Nvidia drivers to no avail. I have just installed the March DX update and the patch so it could be those causing the problem......

I'm stuck.

20. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    definitely is the patch...the dx march edition couldn't cause such issues...play it with 1.1, there's no difference anyway.