CRU (Custom Resolution Utility) Tips, Tricks and Monitors OC (LCD/LED/CRT)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Oct 3, 2016.

1. nevernamed

nevernamed Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 TI FTW3
    Interesting. Never worked with dual link. didn't realize the bandwidth would double the frame rate.. not thinking lol..

well ok. that's good it works for you. unfortunately i guess i'm no closer. it just seems my monitor won't accept it.. i found some ranges that enabled it, but the windmill demo only ran at 60 fps, would fluctuate down to about 58.7 then back up.. it was enabled. but i still saw tearing.. anything else that opened up the frame rate variations of 55, 50 etc, would instantly black screen as soon as fps dropped under 60. saying out of range at 55hz... just trying to see if there is any other hack or trick to get this thing to work.

i'd love to know what monitors guys it is working nicely for are using

2. b0uncyfr0

b0uncyfr0 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gaming XXX 1070
    I had it working but now Im getting blank screens everywhere and frankly its confusing as hell. Its either very inconsistent or my Monitor doesnt like it at all.

My monitors specs are Horizontal Frequency 30 ~ 81 kHz and Vertical Frequency 56 ~ 75 Hz. What should i set for freesync? I cannot OC my monitor so 60 hz is the max.

3. Prefix

Prefix Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R7 260X 2GB
    what do i put for range limits?

Acer GN246HL on DVI @ 144hz

I dunno if I got it right I cannot turn on freesync in Crimson despite adding the freesync range on my settings in CRU & rebooting.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  4. nevernamed

nevernamed Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 TI FTW3

IF can only get 60 I'd try working on ranges from 30-60 / 30-59.. slowly increasing the bottom end to see if it works better or worse.. the high end being 60 or 59 could also have an effect on things..

Post results, curious if you see anything..

5. nevernamed

nevernamed Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 TI FTW3
    add the hdmi block and clock it at 660

6. Prefix

Prefix Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R7 260X 2GB
    Did that and it locks me to 60fps regaurdless of my profiles & it still wont let me enable freesync in crimson.

Edit got 121 hz working.
    [​IMG]

Cannot enable freesync still.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  7. b0uncyfr0

b0uncyfr0 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gaming XXX 1070
    Not good news. Tried a few combos 30-39 + 58-60. 60 definitely doesnt work because it blanks out in the Freesync demo but 59 works everytime. Im still seeing tearing in the demo though. I don't see a difference with Freesync Off + On.

Maybe my monitor isn't supported. The only other option is try with an overclock of 75hz ; maybe that will work for some reason.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  8. nevernamed

nevernamed Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 TI FTW3
    Try it. Worst outcome is you can play games at 75fps.. You sound like you're encountering the same things I am.

Be really nice if somebody here had encountered this and worked around it some how.

9. b0uncyfr0

b0uncyfr0 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gaming XXX 1070
    I use VSR alot so 75 fps is not something can achieve easily. Same thing im afraid ; i've tried a bunch of ranges when running 75hz and i still see tearing when Free Sync is Off and On.

Surely we cant be the only ones. Just because freesync is on doesn't mean its working ; i think more people need to verify in the FreeSync demo if they're seeing tearing or not.

10. BAZOKA1942

BAZOKA1942 Member Guru

GPU:
    sapphire r9 390
    can this tweak work with nvidia intel ?
    i have dvi and right now i am using vga samsung t220 56hz to 75hz so which settings i must use for vga and intel or nvidia
    vga = if possible which settings
    dvi = which
    nvidia = settings plz
    intel = if possible hh

tnx a lot guys

11. nevernamed

nevernamed Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 TI FTW3
    Yeah. More people need to say something. Not enough are commenting on their experiences, problems, solutions..

I also use VSR.. So I know some games 75 fps @ 1080 vs 1440p @ 60fps will be a debate.. I think personally I prefer the added framerate... Luckily doom plays at 1440p @ 75fps for me :)

12. Prefix

Prefix Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R7 260X 2GB
    Update: Well I guess DVI dual link still has issues I cannot get freesync working unless I want 30-60FPS.

13. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    fs on -> 56-75 or 57-75 and so on...

14. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    I wish people would actually read the few key posts here and stop asking the same damn questions over and over again...

15. b0uncyfr0

b0uncyfr0 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gaming XXX 1070
    Yes but its not very clear what to do in the first post. It needs to be consolidated and frankly many lines can be removed.

Thanks @ Onna ; i will try it now.

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    As for FreeSync it may or may not work for everyone.
    As for Refresh and/or Resolution 'bump' it should work for everyone.

"Also is good to see what resolutions or refresh rates work for your Monitor by setting Custom Resolution in CCC !" -> Here you can easily check resolutions/refresh rates, then Set this in CRU and make some Registry adjustments for easy after update implementation.

17. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    Can be the first post revised with the correct procedure? frankly i didn't understand much, and adding pieces of information spread over 8 pages is not the right way to make someone to understand? anyway after some tries it worked, on 1920x1080 75hz

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  18. b0uncyfr0

b0uncyfr0 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gaming XXX 1070
    So you enabled Freesync; great. But do you still have tearing when using the freesync demo? Thats the real test.

19. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    i tried it on mafia 3 and seems working(no tearing without v-sync). But weird if i try that demo i get black screen and have to restart the pc

20. nevernamed

nevernamed Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 TI FTW3

This was a very helpful post. Thanks.

People are asking because the first post is very confusing and all over the place.