CRU (Custom Resolution Utility) Tips, Tricks and Monitors OC (LCD/LED/CRT)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Oct 3, 2016.

1. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    Maby try to set
    Middle: 40-75Hz
    Sides: 45-75Hz

Do everthing without Copy-Paste ;) (5min lol)

yasamoka and Nolive721 like this.
  2. Nolive721

Nolive721 Member

GPU:
    Vega 64 LC
    you see I was under the impression that tree 3 monitors had to have the same Freesync range for the feature to kick in while in EYEFINITY mode.

how wrong I was:p because I just followed your advice and could run a 15min session of ACC without a glitch and the Freesync was well active from the refresh rate OSD on my center monitor:D:D:D

I will continue to experiment though see if I can lower the frequency even more on this center monitor or bring the 3 more close to ecah other

again, thanks so much for the quick reply and smart advice, I love my VEGA 64 LC even more today (running ACC at High settings and UV 1552/995mv P6 1602/1000mV P7 within 43 to 60fps and Power consumption around 180W:cool:)

OnnA likes this.
  3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    Try 1630MHz at 1.012v w/HBM2 OC at min.1100Mhz + MemTweak :p (indeed ~175tW ;))

Nolive721 likes this.
  4. Nolive721

Nolive721 Member

GPU:
    Vega 64 LC
    ACC is not very well optimized game on CP&GPU and even more so with AMD cards so my VEGA has to work harder than in other games, I will not be bale to achieve this power draw with that game.

What is your reference game or benchmarking to achieve this 175W? Is 1630MHz at 1.012v P6 or P7 state?

My Samsung memory is pretty good,I can do stable 1150Mhz @950mV in games and up to 1190Mhz in benchmark at 975mV.

My experience shows this memory OC draws between 25 and 35W on top of my normal UV conditions, are you experiencing the same?

thanks again

5. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    Do not forget cables' quality&speed and amd clock patcher from the same author of cru. :)

6. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    HBM2 for real is even less than 20tW ;)
    Normally in Heavy games we can observe W at 150-200tW (Im refering to my setup with FRT at 70FPS/Hz)
    Normally (i did test some SotTR back in the days) without FRT (0% Pow) GPU can go up to 265tW (so it does't exceed Bios specs for me).
    Then if You give +25% Pow it can eat up to 300tW easy...

Note:
    Every Vega (XTX) is similar in tW -> You can go up to 200tW or 265 or even 350 ;)
    Depends on setup & OC.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  7. Nolive721

Nolive721 Member

GPU:
    Vega 64 LC
    I have managed to get the thing stable with these settings

Middle: 40-75Hz
    Sides: 42-75Hz

but every time I reboot my PC, I need to disable Eyefinity and recreate it for CRU to kick in with the revised Freesync range. Not a huge deal but if I could fix this then I would be completely happy with my set-up

if any one has any idea her, its much appreciated

8. Scriba

Scriba New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Asus dual
    Hi @OnnA

May I ask you something. I'm using in some games a non native resolution (1440 x 1080 stretched) on my xn253qp (G-sync modul and 144hz) for competitive reasons. In the past I was using NCP but on my new monitor G-sync is not working at a non native resolution. A custom resolution in CRU on the other hand works with G-sync.

I was fiddle around yesterday for multiple hours in CRU but didn't find a satisfying custom resolution setting for 1440 x 1080 @ 144hz in CRU which felt smooth.

I would be very grateful if you can help me and share a possible setting for a smooth experience with low input lag. If I need to change something for my VRR in CRU don't hesitate to share it. Because FPS drops felt terrible aswell which shouldn't be the case with a G-sync modul.

Thanks in advance and cheers

9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    OK, first to do is check Monitor spcecs, and add corect values for every monitor You have.
    Then all You can do (in CRU) is to find (Try & Error) sweet spot (working Great Values) -> Done
    It's simple.

Do note that sometimes some drivers are different form other.
    CRU is just for setting things up as You want.

More in depth questions -> https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Forum-Monitors-Video-Cards

10. Scriba

Scriba New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Asus dual
    Alright I will try that out, thank you!

What I still don't understand is, if I set the refresh rate at 120 or 144hz in CRU, my monitor will always run on 85hz, so I can only switch to 144hz in Nvidia. What I'm doing wrong?

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
  12. Scriba

Scriba New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Asus dual
    Nice didn't know that, thank you!

OnnA likes this.
  13. lightzoo

lightzoo New Member

GPU:
    R9 270 2048
    Hi folks, I have a PC that has been cobbled together from parts I got for cheap and its showing its age but I am super thankful it still plays games that are current. My biggest accomplishment last year was hooking up my old 2010 imac 27" retina display as a monitor as well as optical audio output to a receiver. It was not easy but it was so rewarding, mostly a time investment. Now that everything works, sounds amazing and I try to keep it stable there is one factor I am stumped by. The monitor native res is 2560x1440 and I have a good color profile but the ATI R9 200 only detects in as some generic LCD display with no upscaling or controls. Also Win10 says it doesn't support HDR. Just thought there might be a way to get the driver suite functional. It looks so much better than the DELLP2314H which is connected by DVI. For the ImacREtina display I am using the display port out and it allows me to use OSX apps or as a gaming/theater display. These are not hard to find for cheap/free. I know monitor prices are low but the dark colors look so great. Only complaint is the loud fan which pops on when used.

How do I give/add a profile to AMD or Windows? Does it matter? Danke.

14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    Try to set all avaible Values (as in Monitor Specs).
    Also add Freesync & HDR with first 2 settings tick (SDR+HDR)
    Restart and check.
    If CRU can't help then i dunno what can ;)

15. Jake13942

Jake13942 New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    Hi, I added a custom resolution of 1080p120Hz to my Hisense 55U7A TV which is connected via HDMI 2.0b 18Gbps cable. The custom resolution gets added and I can switch to it from Nvidia control panel. During gaming, there is a horizontal tear in the screen during fast moving scenes at 30% down from the top of screen. I have tried Automatic LCD Native, Standard, Reduced and manual modes but it stays. How can I check specs of my TV to set those values?

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
  17. Jake13942

Jake13942 New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    The product page just states basic specs, in your post above mine, you mentioned "Try to set all avaible Values (as in Monitor Specs)" I thought there are Timing parameters/values for my TV as well that are needed in Manual Timing. Because automatic has tearing.

18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    Try to download Manual, search there.
    I have all specs for my Monitor on site, IMO Yours should have one also.

19. Jake13942

Jake13942 New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    Thank you, I checked the manual on the website and the one that came with the TV but it does not have any additional specs or info besides resolution. I can call their customer support and ask them, what specs do I need for the CRU to set 1920x1080@120Hz correctly with no screen tearing.

20. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    Ask about V & H Rate limits range (this is important).
    From there You will have a chance to set it right.