CRU (Custom Resolution Utility) Tips, Tricks and Monitors OC (LCD/LED/CRT)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Oct 3, 2016.

1. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    BetA likes this.
  2. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RX 5700 XT OC
    monitortests.com is down.

3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
  4. rascal

rascal New Member

I am trying to make FreeSync working on my Dell SE2717H (HDMI only) with a ASRock M1 RX 570 (Dual Link DVI only). Is this even possible? I tried my best following the guides on here but Adrenalin detects connection as DVI-D no matter what.

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD

-> https://www.dell.com/ed/business/p/dell-se2717h-monitor/pd

Free Sync support frame frequency:

Yes, 48-75Hz

IMO You need quality HDMI cable, or HDMI->DP Adapter
    Should work without it IMO

Set everything correct in CRU + add FS range 45-75 -> restart

6. rascal

rascal New Member

7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
  8. rascal

rascal New Member

My GPU does not have anything besides a dual link DVI port, while my monitor only has a HDMI port. hence the adapter

9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Wait for 'Omega' 2019 driver.
    It should work then w/DVI

10. XJIOP

XJIOP New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    I overclocked my Dell P2414H (DP 1.2a) to 46-78hz and am waiting for a new NVIDIA driver with freesync support. Will it work?

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    You will see ;) in time.
    IMO it should work.

12. blackdragonbird

blackdragonbird Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    Nvidia now supports Adaptive Sync over DP in some monitors.

Any of you guys think it's possible to do something like it to nVidia drivers?

Anyone with an 1000+ series card have tried doing the procedures here to see if the nVidia Adaptive Sync activates over HDMI and/or DVI? Officially it only works with DP.

13. zurafta

zurafta New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    I tried using CRU to enable the Nvidia Adaptive Sync feature by editing FreeSync in the monitor driver, but sadly it was not recognised by the nvidia drivers. Tried it with a LG 24GM77-B monitor and a RTX 2080 connected via DisplayPort. Would love to see someone getting it to work!

14. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    I would edit the EDID info first, then install the driver. Confirm that the EDID did not change in CRU, then see if it's enabled. If not, then try unplugging panel, then reconnect. If it still doesn't work, then it's probably due to lack of VBLANK timings data being fed to driver.

15. Erick

Erick Active Member

GPU:
    AMD R9 Fury 4GB HBM
    I have a 1060 3GB card and is trying to adjust the ranges to view G-Sync over the Razer Ripsaw, which is possible to capture over HDMI. I had to slow down the max pixel clock on my splitter that supports 4K; the max pixel clocks on those are 600 Mhz, which is way too fast for G-Sync. The Ripsaw's max pixel clock is 170 Mhz, which is still too fast. If I disable G-Sync to capture the video, then all is well as it uses my monitor's FreeSync ranges. More testing with this thing.

16. Erick

Erick Active Member

GPU:
    AMD R9 Fury 4GB HBM
    Which range? I'm assuming the vertical range. If you can take the minimum down, then you may see less blurring. G-Sync takes advantage of it. I have a Samsung CF398FW and the default (per CRU) vertical was from 48-72. I changed the minimum to 30.

I did the same thing to my Samsung C27F398FW; I changed the max vertical to 78 and changed the max pixel clock to 300 Mhz. Boom! I'm surprised this worked. XD

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  17. zurafta

zurafta New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    To be clear this what I did exactly:
    1. I installed the newest Nvidia 417.71 drivers with Freesync support.
    2. I used the CRU 1.4.1 tool to edit the extension block section to enable FreeSync with a test range of 48-144Hz, since this is the range of the newer model of my monitor with official FreeSync support.
    3. I reconnected the monitor to the GPU and opened the Nvidia control panel and went to the global settings to enable the "G-Sync compatible mode" under the "Monitor Technology" option, but that option did not show up.
    4. I tried restarting the driver using the CRU "restart" "restart64" .exe without success. I also used the "reset-all.exe" to reset my changes and try again (also tried different FreeSync values and restarting the PC completely) without any success.

Is there anything I have missed or some other method I could try? :D

18. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    1) Enable FreeSync on your monitor's OSD menu. Set to "Standard" for timings for first setting it up. (Some have Faster/Fastest, and others have Ultimate options)

2) Connect via Displayport. Nothing else works.

3) Disconnect, then reconnect display so that it's re-detected. (or Power off/on)

4) Check NVCP that Gsync panel is active, and you can choose to enable unverified display.

19. zurafta

zurafta New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Thanks for your reply!
    1) I am using CRU to enable FreeSync/AdaptiveSync manually because it does not have support for that. If I understood correctly this tool was used by some people to successfully enabling FreeSync on their officially unsupported monitors.

2) Done

3) Tried that too.

4) That option is missing, so it seems like that "CRU trick" doesn't work.

20. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    Using CRU to force FreeSync doesn't work with the GSync Compatibility driver. Probably due to some missing info not being fed from the monitor.