Crossfire with 15.12

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Gevo, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Gevo

Gevo New Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD6900M 2048mb x2
    I've downloaded Crimson beta 15.12 on my Alienware M18x w/ two HD6990M's. I am having issues getting Star Wars the old Republic to launch with Crossfire enabled. If I go into my Swtor profile & set the crossfire to disable it still acts as if the computer is in crossfire mode. I actually have to go to Radeon settings > preferences > Radeon additional settings > Gaming > AMD crossfire & disable it from there. If I can't use the setting the game profiles offers whats the point in having it?

2. the9quad

the9quad Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Welcome to Crimson, where they apparently forgot they have people using crossfire. Otherwise, i imagine it is a good driver.

3. robsonbyte

robsonbyte Member

GPU:
    2X7970 / 3GB
    Same problem with 2x7970: no game works fine with crossfire enabled. The screen flickers pink and the framerate is low.

4. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64
    I don't know if you only have this problem with the 15.12 driver, but if older drivers are giving you the same problem, then it might be your CrossFire bridge.

5. atticus806

atticus806 New Member

GPU:
    980 Ti Classified
    OP, you should remember they're, in a sense, redoing their driver/software game plan. With hardware that's a 5000 series architecture it might be a bit challenging for them to make it the drivers and new software happy with older hardware. Not to squander your equipment however the crossfire laptop demographic is vastly smaller than the desktop crossfire demographic. They're going to target larger groups before the smaller ones. I hope they, or you, get the problem solved though. Might want to rollback to an known good driver until the Radeon crimson issues get ironed out. It is very early in its infancy. Everyone is having an issue from major to minor. The joys of multi gpu setups my friend ! :)

6. robsonbyte

robsonbyte Member

GPU:
    2X7970 / 3GB
    The older driver was ok. One card is x8 mode e another is x4 @1.1 only. I used DDU, but no luck.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  7. dottorfoggy

dottorfoggy Active Member

GPU:
    980Ti
    same problem here, i can't disable cf for a specific game, useless drivers...