Crossfire support at game release?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by bobesko, Sep 20, 2011.

1. bobesko

bobesko Member Guru

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 6790 1GB
    Hi, I just got my second card so I want to use my crossfire setup, however I wonder how is it gonna be with crossfire support with games just released. For example, today I played f1 2011 and crossfire seems not to be working. Older games work fine, I tried Crysis, Witcher 2 etc. But Iam wondering if its majority of cases that crossfire wont work as soon as a game is released and If I will have to wait for profiles or new drivers everytime? I hope Rage is gonna work right from the release.

2. red6joker

red6joker Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming
    new games rarely support crossfire when they release. you need to download profile caps which are for crossfire. if theres no cap for what game you need it for you have to wait for new drivers/ caps to be released

3. bobesko

bobesko Member Guru

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 6790 1GB
    And usually how long do I have to wait for new caps?

4. lenne

lenne Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 GTX Gainward
    u need to wait in 99% of the cases ATLEAST ! a month, many times even longer...

As rage being a technology showcase for ID tech 5 i might just work out of the box, but i dont think at 100%

5. GotNoRice

GotNoRice Active Member

GPU:
    2080 RTX
    I don't play that game so I can't verify any crossfire issues, but Crossfire support generally comes pretty quick for most games. To give you an example, there is already a Crossfire profile for BF3 in the latest CAPs and the BETA isn't even going to be out for another week or so, with the game itself still over a month away.

6. Snarl

Snarl Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
    RadeonPro makes a great temporary solution until new Cap's are released