Crossfire on ASUS KCMR-D12?

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by sixty4bitdiablo, Dec 11, 2010.

1. sixty4bitdiablo

sixty4bitdiablo Master Guru

GPU:
    Onboard
    Does anyone know if crossfire is supported on a ASUS KCMR-D12? I am looking to buy one and that just might be the deal breaker right there...

2. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Nothing says it does, why the hell are you running CrossFire on a server board o_O?

deltatux

3. sixty4bitdiablo

GPU:
    Onboard
    why the hell not? i know there were rumors that the Asus KGPE-D16 with AMD SR5690 NB and AMD SP5100 SB could. The board in question has similar NB, the AMD SR5670 and the same SB.

4. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    You could try but no guarantees. CrossFire iirc don't require a special protocol that the board must support it in order for CFX to work.

deltatux

5. sixty4bitdiablo

GPU:
    Onboard
    yeah im not looking to jump right on a cfx setup out the gate but its nice to always have that option down the line. big reason why im not buying into the current intel sockets, because they're getting phased out...while bulldozer is coming around the corner. (crosses fingers that amd has a game changing processor for the first time in years)

6. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    I think a lot of people are hoping for that. The market needs some real competition and it looks like this chip might be the one.

deltatux