crossfire help

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Nymphetamine876, May 29, 2008.

1. Nymphetamine876

Nymphetamine876 Member Guru

GPU:
    2x Sapphire HD3870's
    I just bought another sapphire 3870 to accompany the one i have in crossfire. i turned off my computer, installed the other card, and made sure all the connections with the bridges and all were secure. i turned on the computer and i went to CCC to only notice that there is no option for crossfire. i have been using the 8.1 driver that came with the first card, it worked fine and gave me no issues. i do no recall it having a crossfire option, but i figured it would appear after it recognized the second card.

After i realized that this wasnt going to work, i removed the second card and downloaded the 8.5 driver and ccc. I used driver cleaner pro to remove all of the 8.1 stuff and began to install 8.5. For some reason, it was telling me another ccc was installed, even though anything ati related on my computer (besides chipset drivers) were gone. So i went back to install the old drivers to figure something else out. Well luck has it that now the 8.1 stuff doesnt work. So right now im in the middle of a reformat, and im going to do a fresh install of 8.5. Is there any other suggestions? Im really confused here, and i dont want to feel as if i just wasted 190 bucks.

Thanks,
    Alex