Creatives new 51 million transisitor / 400Mhz CPU Sound card

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by rEbirTH, May 10, 2005.

1. rEbirTH

rEbirTH Guest

2. DarkDimka

DarkDimka Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 460GTX 1GB
    Crazy......

3. Smitty2k1

Smitty2k1 Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 480
    Maybe Creative cards will finally be able to produce some decent quality sound...

4. Fusion_XT

Fusion_XT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 X 2139/5400
    Still no DD-live....:mad: , Stupid Creative.

Mwahh....gonna buy the Mystique 7.1 Gold....Some zexy loving DD-live !. YAY.

5. Crystallas

Crystallas Maha Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 280
    Atleast they can use 1/2 the sampling tech in the E-MU 1820s... geez. More of this overpriced "gamer" bullcrap. Bring back the Awe 64, and make it 51m transistors with a 130nm shrink...that'll make my day.

6. Smitty2k1

Smitty2k1 Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 480
    How about TerraTec updates its DMX 6-Fire to 7.1 audio? Id buy it.

Anyone know how the sound quality on M-Audio's 7.1 universe is?

7. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    XFX7600GTXXX Zalman Vf900
    they want to work on their drivers before the release new hardware!

8. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600GS 256mb / Radeon 9550 32mb
    My cousin is a musician and uses an M-Audio card for midi. They are supposed to be the best but are more expensive than the creative cards. I think M-Audio's target market is more focused on professional audio group.

This new card sounds interesting. Twice the power of the current breed. I'm wondering what the price will be on these things when they come out, or if they'll require cooling.

9. SorienOR

SorienOR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT + Acer 1080p
    ..and it will still come with 1gb of crappy software that infects every corner of your computer.

10. Crystallas

Crystallas Maha Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 280
    m-audio was great, still excellent for entry level musicians, but VIA needs to wake up bigtime and pump out something other than an envy24 now. Of course quality wise i would take a envy24HT over any of creatives crap, and in that case may aswell get a turtle beach catalina, prolly the best 24HT model price ratio, just as good as the m-audio rev 7.1 and the terratec universe 7.1 ect...

11. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    The architecture sounds interesting, aswell as the routings....But instead of designing a new DSP chip..they are still using the 10KX series just now they are using more than 1 in a parralel DSP idea, which is very interesting...give the ability to go beyond the 48K barrier thats been plauging the 10K processors..step in the right Direction though...I love any advancments in computer based audio...Gonna mean some major improvments in rendered audio environments in games....WOuld be reall interested in hearing one of they cards through a nice set a speakers...

12. Coolppl

Coolppl Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForceFX 5600 VIVO 128MB
    You'll realize that having a soundcard re-encode any sound to Dolby Digital in realtime is "LOSSY"

So then it gets even worse when you play a "lossy" mp3 file and then have DD Live re-encode it in realtime "lossy" to Optical Out

Many people may think this is a cool feature but Audiophiles and many others would realize Creative did not include this to provide the best sound quality for any source

If DD Live is wanted so much anyone could try AC3 Filter for a go

13. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I am actually interested in the functionality of this piece of hardware. I guess it'll hit this forum as sson as somebody gets it...