Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic vs. Club 3D Theatron DTS 7.1

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by M@$tEr, May 12, 2007.

1. M@$tEr

M@$tEr New Member

GPU:
    ATI 1950GT @ Pro
    Can someone tell what is the better choice ???

Maybe someone have this 2 cards or found a test in the web ???

I use my pc for --> 50% music --> 40% games --> 10% movies (dvd)

greetz MaStEr

2. Behelit

Behelit Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2 Hydro
    Vista? XP?

3. M@$tEr

M@$tEr New Member

GPU:
    ATI 1950GT @ Pro
    at the moment xp, but next time xp + vista

i forgot to say that i have the teufel cem speakers connected analog

4. DES_MX

DES_MX Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX480 850/4400 1.075v
    X-Fi is useless in vista, thats one of the reasons i went back to XP (also graphics performance of course)

5. M@$tEr

M@$tEr New Member

GPU:
    ATI 1950GT @ Pro
    yes, but this is not the question :3eyes:

which of these cards sounds better ???

6. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600GS 256mb / Radeon 9550 32mb
    Well, the Club 3D card has C-Media's OxygenHD chipset, which is one of the best audio chipsets around. The X-Meridian used the same chip. If you're watching movies and listening to music, then this will probably be an excellent choice. Of course chipset isn't everything. The quality of other components such as the DSP also makes a difference. ROBSCIX will probably be able to tell you more. He's the audio guru.

I have the X-FI XtremeMusic, which is also an excellent card. Nice and light compared to Creative's other X-FI offerings, and it can be upgraded to use the optional I/O boxes unlike the XtremeGamer that replaced it. Supports all current EAX versions. The X-FIs are gamers cards.

So to sum up, OxygenHD for movies and music, X-FI for gaming. You can't really go wrong with either card though.

7. DES_MX

DES_MX Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX480 850/4400 1.075v
    Personally i am disappointed with X-Fi, could have stayed on my old Audigy1 all the same. Lol

8. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Really depends on what you want to do. The X-fi will have features such as EAX and OpenAL that the Club3D card cannot compete with. I use a OxyHD based card and they sound great. -Actually the X-Meridian is the king of the hill so to speak. You really need to decide what is most important to you and decide from that perspective. I would say just from review the X-fi would probably sound better then the Club3D card. Although it would have features the X-fi card wouldn't..etc. Hope that helps.

9. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    i didnt know that x-fi is useless in vista for sure it wasnt useless for me :eek: but anyhow cant really go wrong with either one imho.

10. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    You can get the X-fi to work in Vista. Some have trouble with it some do not.

11. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    Yea either one would do great. I do use my card to game alot. I knew i was losing eax 3-5. But I went for sound qualty over one feature that kept me from trying other cards.

The Theatron, but if you must have eax 3-5 then the XFi. Some people are using the your paq drivers for vista for there XFI.

12. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Yeah, I like how some guys will swear up an down their X-fi drives work BUT they are only using the base driver and the audio console!? For guys like us we can/could get them working but for average users they are a pain in the A$$. I go for sound quality myself and I won't sacrifice it so I have reverb effect in some game....that being said I run a dual card setup so I have EAX 1-4 and OpenAL and still have the sound quality of the X-Meridian using Velbac.

13. M@$tEr

M@$tEr New Member

GPU:
    ATI 1950GT @ Pro
    hard decision ...

i need a review ... x-fi vs. Club 3D Theatron DTS 7.1 ...

when comes the "x-fi 2" or other good and cheap cards that work better with vista ???

14. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    WHat bout waiting for the Prelude? It will have all the features of the X-fi mixed with the X_meridian. May be exactly what your looking for.
    I will say though I use the XM under Vista UT sometimes/dual boot and it works perfect.

15. M@$tEr

M@$tEr New Member

GPU:
    ATI 1950GT @ Pro
    date of prelude coming out ???

costs ???

16. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    It's been put off until mid-end of June. I would say about $200...
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=224275
    May seem pricy but Auzen makes the best soundcard I have ever seen or heard..so you get what you pay for with those guys.

Last edited: May 12, 2007
  17. DES_MX

DES_MX Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX480 850/4400 1.075v
    Don't you have EAX 5 as well then?
    And on the topic: I got it to work, installed YouP-Pax Drivers, work like charm BUT say bye bye to normal EAX performance in games. Also weird clicking and hitches here and there using OpenAL. No DTS decoding. No GameMode Console. All in all the functionality is CRIPPLED. Please do not argue on that point. So back to XP SP2 for me.

18. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    No, actually EAX 5.0 is native to the 20KX (X-fi DSP) chip. I know all about the drivers from hearing guys talk on different sites..they have some serious issues. The Youp Pax drivers seem to work better then stock drivers so I have been told.

19. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    I don't have much problems with X-Fi and Vista. ALchemy works pretty well, i even managed to fix the FEAR Combat crackling when using EAX Advanced HD by slightly increasing buffer count. So bottom line i don't have problems at all (though i'd still like to see equalizer and THX Console located in Audio Console and not as some separate tool).

20. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Rej, Have you tried Youp Pax drivers? They are supposed to be better then the stock drivers Creative released.