CREATIVE X-FI - the thread.

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Crashing Edje, Jul 27, 2005.

1. TheDeceiver

TheDeceiver Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800gt OC 256mb
    for most people...it doesnt affect everyone...

2. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    It was a subject awhile ago that the fatality creatives offereing for gamers was the only model that came with the EAX technology. This is incorrect all the X-Fi models come with EAX5.0, so rest assured guys if you opt for the less expesive models you'll still get the newest EAX.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2005
  3. TheDeceiver

TheDeceiver Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800gt OC 256mb
    bleh still want the X-RAM seems like the thing fo the future

4. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Two models come with X-Ram..I figured the model meant for music creation would have the X-Ram, as to compensate for complex DSP configurations. Seems like each card is aimed for one Duty, but can perform the others alright.

5. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    according to what I've seen so far, the Platinum suits my needs. I'd like one of the models with X-Ram, but their prices are way too high yet. let's wait and see if prices go down.

6. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Agreed, I would like a model with X-Ram also, just to see what type of optimization it would add to audio. I think it would definatley aid in music creation arena..help for games as well...People should also consider that when these X-Fi'x flood the market..the Audigy's are gonna drop significantly in price...atleast the should...

7. IM0001

IM0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY 780 GTX
    Ok. First off BF2 only quit working for me for one reason I would think. I switched on the X-Fi settings and since i switched cards back for a time without turning it back, it screwed it up. Otherwise I can change anything else in my comp and it still works fine.
    On the soundcard though. It still sounds great and I havent had time to test it in 3DMark03 since I got my system back up because im to addicted to the sound in game lol.. (And yes. EAX 5.0 is on my card. The Fatality is only a 64MB ver of the cheep card and the Fatality Pro probably is my card with 64mb. I doubt you will see much more an increase in games then I already have.)

Here are some numbers to drool over kinda.

3DMark01

Before anything. = 16700
    After X-Fi = 17800
    After X-Fi and Duel Channel (when it was working) = 18300

3Dmark03
    Before anything = 5600
    After X-Fi = 5840
    After X-Fi and Duel Channel = 5900

So even when its not being used it sped up my system. Pretty cool. BF2 also seams to run better and sound flat out awsome. I miss the Duel Channel though. That did smooth BF2 out even more but eh. Im going back to my friends shop to swithc out all my ram for 2 identical pieces and try again.

This card is not only better in BF2 (Doom 3 also but it freaks me out to much to play past the first Hr lol) But it also does as they say with Headphones. My Sony's never sounded so good and it almost sounds like im using my 4.1 Klipsh when their on. The 3d is amazing.

Also the 24Bit crystilizer is also living up to the hype. I have a bunch of mp3's of all quality and it cleans them up and makes them sound even better in so many ways. Clearer, crisp, bassey and more. You have to listen to it more than I can explane. IGN put it right when they said "How we ever lived before this"

CMSS-3D is also sweet. (part Headphones and part Making Stereo, Surround) It does the headphone part great like i said but it also makes them Stereo MP3's (and other audio file types) to sound great on my 4.1's

I cant comment much on the Different Modes yet but Im sure they also have their awsome abilities I will soon test out. For now Gaming gets a full 2 thumbs up.

One last thing. I work at Best Buy and the price of the Audigy 2 ZS was the same for almost 2 years give or take a $30 Rebate here and there. It probably wont change in price much so pick it up while you can. (Working there I got a nifty discount so I was like WTH ima get it before its really out lol)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2005
  8. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  9. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
  10. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    well, some interesting readings for tomorrow. too late for me read now. ;)

11. k4t4n4

k4t4n4 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    B
    Will this bring computer soundcards closer to the non-computer sound systems?

12. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    depends on what you mean by that. I would take a PC based Audio system over a stand alone living room unit any day, just becuase of all the configuration options I have with the PC..eq, reverb..etc..You have to have half decent hardware though.

13. IM0001

IM0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY 780 GTX
    Drat. I wish I could understand the inner workings to write a more in detail review. I still can claim the first unoffocial review of this card lol. Even before Toms Hardware.

14. BeMyMonkey

BeMyMonkey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9300M GS
  15. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    agreed! Excellent article Hilbert, you cleared up some doubts I had. :rock:

16. themyers

themyers New Member

GPU:
    XFX 7800GTX
    I recently purchased a X-Fi Extreme Music at a local best buy for 129.00 american, and enjoy it very much. Very clean music and love the game sound. I have heard that alot of people have issues with the headphones being muffled with CMSS on. I personally haven't tried it yet, but will this weekend.

17. egandt

egandt New Member

X64 drivers

Does this card have Windows x64 drivers?

18. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    well run the card through it's paces and give us some info when you get a chance. THX..the info would be much appreciated by the users. As I imagine alot of members are planning on purcasing one of these cards.

19. themyers

themyers New Member

GPU:
    XFX 7800GTX
    Well been playing with the Extreme Music, and of coarse with all creative cards the drivers are VERY game buggy. I've had issues with Far Cry, Doom3, and Fear demo. Really it comes down to EAX4. Every game I tried to enable EAX 4 Game crashes. I like the card alot otherwise. Sound is Excellent.

20. Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 460 GTX
    installed my x-fi going from on-board to this was nice upgrade. I had no problems with BF2 and got little more stable FPS number. I have not tried with any other game. My MP3's sound nicer also was worth the money i think. Is there PCI-express version down the road? I am going to build my bro a new rig sometime in the next month or 2.