CREATIVE X-FI - the thread.

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Crashing Edje, Jul 27, 2005.

1. TheDeceiver

TheDeceiver Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800gt OC 256mb
    bah for me music enhancements is just a plus....I want the card for the gaming aspect ^_^

plus.. my current card is screwed... so I rather get the x-fi card rather than the augidy 2 zs... just makes more sense!

but I will wait for either price drop... or if it gets such good reviews might just get it right away

2. sb85

sb85 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 9800GTX+ 512MB
    x-fi extreme music around 130$

x-fi pro around 200$

x-fi fatalty 279$ w/64mb x-ram

x-fi platinum? 300$ sumthing

3. TheDeceiver

TheDeceiver Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800gt OC 256mb
    wrong...

x-fi extreme music around 130$

x-fi platinum around 199$

x-fi fatalty 279$ w/64mb x-ram

x-fi elite pro w/64mb X-RAM 399$

4. RSX

RSX Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6970
    Hopefully Hilbert or other Mods here at Guru3D will have a review on it, I will be very interesting to see how much real performance gain in games. I don't really buy into all that marketing bs sry...

5. TheGriffin

TheGriffin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
  6. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    I've been reading that everywhere, and it does sound like it really does work

7. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    the card is indeed interesting, price isn't. but if it's all-so good then we'll have to sell our video cards to buy it (JK). But I'll better start saving some money to buy me one, it has to be Fatal1ty one. ;)

8. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    The price will drop rather quick, Now if your one of those guys who will be waiting when the store opens that day, your gonna pay through the nose. You will get stuck with the first batch of drivers aswell.....We know what that means....massive patching....I would just wait and read some reviews get the low down on the card from a few people.

9. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    no way, and I mean NO WAY I'm gonna be one of the first users unloading their pockets and rushing to the stores to buy new creative stuff. in creative's planet, that's a no-no. the product just look interesting and it may eventually end up hooked up to my rig. but I'm rather a more conscious, budget-concerned buyer. waiting won't hurt... :)

10. sb85

sb85 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 9800GTX+ 512MB
    mm okay chill:p i just got the names mixed up

11. Raheelchamp5

Raheelchamp5 New Member

GPU:
    GeForce FX 5200 64 MB 64 Bit
    I Thing We May Be Buying Creative 7.1 Sound System

12. IM0001

IM0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY 780 GTX
    OK well I got the card today as well as got myself a replacement DDR 512 chip to replace 2 256 meg chips (free swap from a friend) I am now duel channel and X-Fi cappable. Now for some reason it crashes after 5 min of BF2 which it has never done before. I took out the X-Fi and it still did it. So it must be the ram. For the short time the X-Fi Platnum (ya i bought it since it was at my work and i get $50 off of the price and i didnt know about the X-Ram model untill tonight. Maby ill return it and wait for it maby I wont. i doubt its a huge difference i will need.) So im going to see if i can fix this and get a more detailed review out tomorow or saturday.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2005
  13. TheDeceiver

TheDeceiver Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800gt OC 256mb
    you gotta re-install bf2 because it's a known issue that if you put in a new part in your comp...bf2 will screw up (blame EA =]).. so everytime you upgrade something... RAM, vid card or sound card (anything that the game would use), re-install bf2)

14. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600GS 256mb / Radeon 9550 32mb
  15. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    ok, the card is out. time to do our homework and read as much reviews as possible from the card. let's see what it really got. :)

16. IM0001

IM0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY 780 GTX
    Ok my system is back to 100% stability. The X-Fi Is AWSOME! Yes BF2 did have that small issue and needed to be reinstalled (thank God for the DVD version) But the game now is a completely new experiance. Its awsome how much better and more lifelike the sounds have become and it just sounds great on both my 4.1 Klipsh and my Sony headphones. (they werent kidding when it could make it 3D and sound good).

17. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    well, that's good to hear... :)

18. TheDeceiver

TheDeceiver Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800gt OC 256mb
    stop making me jealous and making me want to get it....must wait for price to go down for the fatality edition =0

19. SweElite

SweElite Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTX x 2 SLI
    That is not true....ive changed cpu+memory+ram+gfx cards+soundcard , and i have no problem with bf2...

20. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Whoa guys, Let the review come in..all won't be positive...