CREATIVE X-FI - the thread.

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Crashing Edje, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Since i am going to buy the X-FI as soon as it's released, i thought to create a kind of official thread about it, so people can talk about the Creative X-FI card in general, ask question or anything, without having to make a mess like in the games section with multiple BATTLEFIELD 2 threads.

Post question, problems, curiousity.

this is the official CREATIVE X-FI thread and soon i'll post my experience with the card, will buy it this week if released. :D

2. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Based on my sources this card is supposed to be around $600..so maybe you might want to carfully consider the purchase and read a few reviews and listen to the device before shelling out....Now you can purchase card right now worth over $600, but they are specialized high end recording cards. I considered buying one also until I was struck by sticker shock..lol. Yes by all means post your review here, I am sure alot of memebers would love to get the first opinions on the card...

3. phaT-X

phaT-X Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3060 Ti
    I've heard it will be @ newegg.com for right @ $399.99, but I also heard they will have a version of the card w/ the same sound engine, but not all the fancy gadgets .. and will be around $319.99. I can't see Creative selling a sound card for $600.00 .. not if they want sales. Most people won't pay the $399.99 or $319.99 .. I know I would'nt, and I make 70k a year and could afford it easily.. but there's no way that card is $300.00 to $500 dollars better than the Audigy2 ZS I have... I'd buy something that you'd get moneys worth outta it.. Sound quality can only get so g00d, it's not like graphics technology or processor technology that has unlimited potential at this time.. in my opinion, sound can only get as g00d as you hear things in real life right now.. my Audigy2 does a nice j0b of that.

4. phaT-X

phaT-X Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3060 Ti
    Hmmm.. I may stand corrected, I just read a few articles saying that the prices will "start" @ $799.00 !!! Laff ??? Wow.. they must be crazy..

5. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Thats what I heard....now you said $399.99 at new egg? thats $399 USD correct? I am in canada so it's a little more then $399 here. Also I think the price reflects what The new sound engine can do, Sound quality is only one part of it. This card has a lot of bragging points if you read the new specifications and can comprehend what this new sound device is capable of...New devices are expensive when they first hit mainstream but they also drop pretty quick. Anyways in the Spirit of this thread heres some good info I came across for memebers to check out
    http://www.tomshardware.com/consumer/20050705/index.html
    Like Check out that THX panel..I attempt almost the same thing with KX using time delays and seperate volume for each channel..but look most impressive..Hope it sounds as impressive.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2005
  6. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Vega56 8GB
  7. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    LOL, this guy must own lots of oil wells or something. or... maybe that little place he's showing on his sig is his backyard, who knows.

8. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Wonder why he doesn't have a audiophile grade card now?..just the A2 Value....anyhow...I don't think I would buy that card even if I had "money to burn"...Have to do some pretty nice trick for that price, alot more than just sound good. I would spend that much on a dedicated recording interface, MOTU or such. I am actually in negotiations for a Delta 1010 Interface. That's 10 input and 10 Outs of 24/96...complete with Rack mount break out box. Patch that to my 500 Watt Yorkville Mixer and it'll all be good....

9. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    see ROBSCIX, that's what I'm talking about.

10. Paulus

Paulus Master Guru

GPU:
    7900GTX
    heh we've got the delta 10/10 here, with a nice mackie mixer and HR824 mackie speakers. Now thats good sound lol.

I hope you've got good speakers + amp! I recommend these mackie's simply the best speakers ever

11. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I am slow building my studio... SO I am reading reviews constantly, I haven't decided on Monitors yet. I was saving for the 1010Lt but a used 1010 came into site for cheaper than the LT new SO I am working on getting that...

12. buddee

buddee Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce 7900 GTX
    spending 400-600$ for a sound card sounds crazy, instead i will prefer to buy a 7800Ultra, or GTX, which is almost around this figure.

13. ForcedEntry

ForcedEntry Member

GPU:
    Evga 7900 GT 256mb
    lol for 600+ it should play my Guitar for me

14. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Spending that much on a sound card is common, but the sound card are usually for recording. There are some very very nice sound card out there. The high end recording cards aren't made by creative, well EMU is a creative brand and they make recording cards though. Thats why we got the 10KX DSP CHips in gaming cards now because creative bought up EMU and used some of their technology to create the Live! audigy,AUdigyII..etc and now the X-fi..Which I bet borrows very heavily from EMU technologies...
    as far as price goes I am buyg a card right now for $400 Used..but the card usually goes for $899.99 New. Seems like a lot but it's professional grade. I can record 10 inputs simultaneoulsy. Drive a 7.1 sound system...etc all 24/96. If you guys want to see nice sound hardware run a search for companies like

Terratech
    Hoontech
    M-audio
    MOTU

Last edited: Aug 1, 2005

15. JohnMcClane

JohnMcClane New Member

GPU:
    Geforce 6800GT
  16. Nar

Nar Member

17. tikiman44

tikiman44 Member

GPU:
    EVGA 7900 GTX 512 SUPERCLOCKED
    According to Gamespot the X-Fi should ship on August 22nd!

I was wondering on the price of the X-Fi myself, but I found the answer here!

This info comes straight from Jonathan Wendels http://www.fatal1ty.com/news/?type=PR&ID=21 site!

"Pricing and Availability

The Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro, priced at US$399.99, the Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS, priced at US$279.99, the Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum, priced at US$199.99 and the Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic, priced at US$129.99, will be available this month at Best Buy.

For more information about Xtreme Fidelity, the Creative X-Fi Xtreme Fidelity audio processor, and Creative's line of Sound Blaster X-Fi sound cards, visit www.soundblaster.com. "

Here are just a few great links about the X-Fi!

1. Tom's Hardware http://www.tomshardware.com/consumer/20050705/

2. ExtremeTech http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,1813855,00.asp

3. Firing Squad http://www.firingsquad.com/news/pressreleasearticle.asp?searchid=138

I KNOW I'M FREAKING GONNA GET MINE THE DAY IT SHIPS!

18. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    i would wait!!!!!!!!!!!, Creative is rushing to get these to market..which means those first drivers are gonna be hell man. I am not saying don't get the card, just don't be waiting for the store to open the day the hit the shelves. Unless you want to be stuck with the first cards that have ALL the first issues with hardware and software..which we all know happens pretty much with every new device...especially when there is this much publicity about a product...it has to be out on the date they say..no exceptions....even if the drivers are full of bugs...and there are a few glitches with the hardware....If I decide to grab one I am gonna get it after the first reviews are out...they won't all be postive. I would just like to know what I am buying. This is a pretty big leap for creative man...consider it as such...just some advice man..good luck

19. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 3080 OC
    I'd get the fatal1ty board then, X-RAM and "cheaper"