Creative X-FI - Static noise with Line-In

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by KodY, Jun 23, 2010.

1. KodY

KodY Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280X Vapor-X
    Ok, so I'm currently hooking up the audio-out from my PSP to the Line-In of my PCIe X-FI Titanium Fatality Pro via a simple 3.5mm Stereo Jack To Jack cable.

The sound comes in fine, but I get an annyoing static noise in the background, too. If I plug it directly into my reciever, its almost gone. For me this means that its a problem with the soundcard/drivers/software.

I muted all other audio sources in the control panel (like microphon, digital in, etc.) so really only the line-in is enabled. I can reduce the noise by using the equalizer, but that distorts the actual sound, too.

Maybe a different driver? Currently I'm using PAX_PCIE_X-Fi_Titanium V1.20
    Or is there maybe some software which can filter out those noises?

To give you an idea of the noise I uploaded a little sample .mp3
    http://rapidshare.com/files/402064255/RemoteJoyLite_en_2010-06-23_17-19-22-16.mp3.html

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  2. KodY

KodY Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280X Vapor-X
    Well, I completly removed all drivers and software from creative and all traces in system32 folder and registry.
    This time I tried the 'SB X-Fi Series Support Pack 2.0' and the noise is almost nonexistent so I guess it was some kind of driver problem.

I kinda hesitate when it comes to creative drivers as it already made me reinstall windows a few months ago when I suddenly was unable to get any sound back at all.

3. KodY

KodY Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280X Vapor-X
    ok, scratch that, not solved
    Yesterday I did a quick test and it was fine, today not.
    Checked some forums and I guess the problems is that the PC is grounded and the PSP is not, which also works at a different voltage. Put both together and that strange buzzing appears.

Edit:/ But its not happening with the iPod or any other device, just the PSP. Whats wrong, lol

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010