1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by chispy, Nov 14, 2017.

1. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti - RX 580
    Hi i need some help. I am also suffering this bug that when installing Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 + Creative X-Fi Titanium sound card it goes into oblivion of black screens crash , bsod and system is unresponsive. When installing a fresh / new installation from my usb thumb drive of the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 i get some weird black screen crash and system becomes unresponsive after installing the latest drivers from the creative website or Daniel K package for my Creative X-Fi Titanium pci-express sound card. After installation of the fresh OS i noticed it detects my X-Fi Titanium as a high definition audio device under device manager sound and not as an X-Fi sound card as previously on Windows 10 Creators Update 1703.

With Windows 10 Creators Update 1703 everything runs perfectly without a single problem with my Creative X-Fi Titanium , the problem started with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 , so the culprit of the problems is the Creative drivers and W10 Fall CU 1709 , as something has change in the way it detects audio devices and the drivers.

I have wrote to microsoft support for help and on the feedback hub from within windows but without luck so far :/ , this is frustrating as everything was working so good and great before the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. I have search the whole web for a week for a fix but i have not been unable to find one. As some other people who have posted here on this thread i also am running an AMD AM4 x370 / Ryzen set up.

If someone has found a fix for this huge problem please reply to me if possible so that i can use my Creative X-Fi soundcard again ( I'm Using Realtek Onboard sound and it is horrible , me do not like it ). Please help.

Hardware Configuration:
    --------------------------
    Asus Crosshair VI Hero x370 / AMD Ryzen 1700x / G.Skill 2x8GB DDR4 3200Mhz Cas 14 / Nvidia GTX 1080Ti / Crucial MX300 1TB SSD + WD Green 2TB HD / eVGA Supernova G3 1300w psu / and of course Creative X-Fi Titanium pci-express sound card.

Here is a link for this same problem reported at Microsoft support and on Creative Support website:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-install/7bb6f8ca-efb2-4802-8bec-6bcf7ada849a

http://forums.creative.com/showthread.php?t=742065

Kind Regards: Chispy

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    chispy likes this.
  3. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti - RX 580
    Thank you Tj , i have already tried that and it did not work. Someone wrote on the windows support website that it is a bug related to Ryzen platform only :(

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...l/7bb6f8ca-efb2-4802-8bec-6bcf7ada849a?auth=1

http://forums.creative.com/showthread.php?t=742065

-Tj- likes this.
  4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    I had huge issues with X-Fi as well, system would hard crash during driver installation, so bad that Windows wouldn't even load anymore and I had to clean install again.

As Device Manager also stated 'unable to start device' for the X-Fi I suspected it was a hardware fault and bought a Sound Blaster Z...

Incidentally running Ryzen as well. Darn.

No issues with x-fi before though, but given the severe problems I assumed a hardware failure had just coincided with fcu.
    Most people seemed to have issues with missing audio or something.

chispy likes this.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    chispy likes this.
  6. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti - RX 580
    Thanks again Tj for trying to help , i have tried all those tricks already and 3 fresh /new windows 10 fall creators update 1709 installations , no luck so far. Microsoft and Creative have some work to do for this sound cards to work correctly. I have installed a new SounblasterX AE-5 without problems today , working as it should. I believe we need new Creative drivers for the X-Fi Titanium sound cards and a Microsoft W10 fcu 1709 bug fix.

Kind regards: Chispy

7. bigcid1

bigcid1 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG-STRIX-RTX2080
    I'm working with tier 3 TS from M$ now they logged on and took a bunch of log files
    on Monday , waiting for a call back with info

chispy likes this.
  8. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti - RX 580
    Let us know how it went and thank you for the feedback.

kind Regards: Chispy

9. bigcid1

bigcid1 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG-STRIX-RTX2080
    no,problem,I'll report back

chispy likes this.
  10. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    I'm curious about a possible solution as well, keep us posted please.

chispy likes this.

11. bigcid1

bigcid1 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG-STRIX-RTX2080
    Well ,I'm back from my 2 month support hiatus with microsoft
    well ,bad news on our front ,basically M$ threw their hand up and bailed on me
    saying they could not come up with an answer for my sound resetting problem
    rs4 is no different ,works fine in rs2,so I'm screwed unless I go back to rs2
    Thank you

chispy likes this.
  12. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    I'm running 1709 Windows 10 pro x64 and have zero problems with my x-fi titanium hd.

chispy likes this.
  13. bigcid1

bigcid1 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG-STRIX-RTX2080
    17074 insiders fixes the issue
    confirmed on my end

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    chispy and AsiJu like this.
  14. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti - RX 580
    The issue has been completely fixed recently by microsoft side and i can confirm my X-Fi Titanium is flawlessly working again and even windows update did in fact updated the drivers for the X-fi titanium sound card yesterday , drivers are from September 28 , 2017 new ones. Thank you everyone who tried their best to help me out with this problem.

[​IMG]

OnnA and AsiJu like this.
  15. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    X-Fi Titanium has drivers from last year?

16. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    It's basic MS driver, DK SupportPack 4.0 is better imo.

17. OceanBlue

OceanBlue New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080TI SLI
    @chispy:
    Do you have a X-Fi Titanium fatality or a X-Fi Titanium HD?
    I have both cards and whatever i've tried i don't get the Titanium HD installed on Windows FCU and now SCU. The Fatality makes no problems.

Marcus

18. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti - RX 580
    X-Fi Titanium HD , try DanielK Jan 21 ,2017 SB X-Fi Support Pack 4.0 - http://danielkawakami.blogspot.si/2017/01/sb-x-fi-series-support-pack-40.html , installed those drivers from DanielK and then do a forced windows update check and it should download a September 28, 2017 driver update for your card That's all i did and it worked for me. Hope this helps.

Kind Regards: Chispy

OnnA likes this.
  19. OceanBlue

OceanBlue New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080TI SLI
    The problem is, that with the Titanium HD none of the known drivers will install, always the same message "....there is no creative device...", even with the DK driver.

20. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    2080ti Windforce
    There is a bug with older installers on some computers, i had this problem with multiple X-Fi (including Titanium).

For the buggy drivers that don't want to install: If you go into Device Manager, and "View-> Devices by Connection" you will see the High Definition audio device, with an unknown device attached. The driver tries to install to the wrong one, but if you manually pick the other one and install it from the files (you can either extract them from the driver, or start running the install but don't let it finish, and navigate to the files that it extracts) you can get them to install. I would take screenshots of all this but i have switched over to the AE-5 card now, so unfortunately I can't reproduce it to show you :(

The reason the new drivers work is because Creative finally fixed their installer. This affected all X-Fi drivers (Creative/PAX/Danielk) for me.

OnnA and chispy like this.