1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creative X-Fi ExtremeMusic (PCI) no sound anymore after upgrading to new Windows 10 insider 18353

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by John10121212, Mar 14, 2019.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I posted a screenshot showing it as being available for my system, I have X-Fi Extreme Music ... I'm using the program "Driver Easy" which lets you check for new versions of drivers from windows update, although I am a bit unsure if I want to actually download this new driver as I have everything working perfectly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

@John10121212 btw you can get official copies of drivers from Creatives website

https://support.creative.com/kb/ShowArticle.aspx?sid=126331

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Curiosity got the better of me, I downloaded the driver and low and behold no audio, my guess is that these drivers are not intended for the Extreme Music but for some reason it's showing up for it.

Now to do a freaking clean install again.... sigh.

[​IMG]

*edit*

Seems just rolling back to previous driver was enough, everythings working again.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  3. Tacoboy

Tacoboy Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7800
    What makes the SB-Z inferior to the Extreme Music card?
    The SB-Z has a better DAC chip and more powerful headphone amplifier.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    because blowing out your eardrumps with sounds you can't even hear matters a damn.

5. Flame21

Flame21 New Member

GPU:
    AMD 7860
    I'm having the exact issue while using v1903. Now have to roll back to 1809.
    Hoping Creative to fix the issue, but:
    1, Creative is too lazy to update drivers, and they don't care much about the older product users.
    2, I was disappointed. Those good old windows usually would be fine while having a SP update, rarely cause any driver issues. Win 10's product management is getting worse!