Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi series Vista Driver 2.15.0004 (51.93 MB) 5 Nov 07

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by NvidiaFreak, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti
    That is because XP is old POOP! It looks like your time has come to upgrade to Vista huh.:knock:

2. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    i ditched x-fi in favor for ac-1 just because they were so slow in updating x64 vista driver. i mean from May 7 to November? thats rediculous, they shouldv'e put out more beta's during that time.
    despite it all i'm happy with my razer now. bass sounds soo much better

3. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 Ti Gaming X
    After installing these, I still get the stuttering and crackling. It's very sporadic. It'll work fine for a while then it gets the stutters back. And a reboot doesn't help.
    I've tried everything from changing pci latency settings, to setting my sound to not use the enhanced functions of my x-fi, to changing from my nvidia lan to the marvell lan connection and still nothing.
    I guess it's time to call ASUS and hopefully they have a fix.

UPDATE - Well, I just called ASUS tech support and since they've never tested my mobo with vista, they can't provide support and have no info on a possible fix. That's understandable. I dual boot with xp so I'm not totally hosed.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2007
  4. Kill4L

Kill4L Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Laptop
    any idea??

5. DoomOlek

DoomOlek Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800GTX
    this drivers are still Shi*t for me, the kskskshskhkshkhskkshshkk problem is still there. vista x64 with 4gb. still using now onboard sound after i tryed like ten times to install the drivers and get rid of that hskhskhkhkshksshkshkhkskshhksksh problem. still no go. using onboard since january now, that sux, that after allmost a year creative isn´t able to solv that problem. i try to change the slot when i get time, but i think there is nothing more i can do.

someone else with still no playback???

thatrealy sux* when you got a 100€ soundcard since a year and it´s disabled and you have to use onboard soudn :behead:

6. king-dubs

king-dubs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TITAN X (Pascal) + X34
    Nope, I've already tried Vista, and didn't like it. I don't care for Aero and horrible sound support (stripped D3DSound API), and resource hogging.

I was dual-booting Vista Ultimate with XP Pro, but I hated it so much that I formatted that partition, and shoved the Vista Ultimate DVD in my drawer. Won't consider installing it again until absolutely necessary.

7. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    mis informed or assumptions sir.

http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/windowsvista/articles/450038.aspx
    http://blogs.msdn.com/larryosterman/archive/2005/09/19/471346.aspx

8. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    I usually don't go back to older versions but this latest one is so full of crap that i did go back to revision 0002. I mean wtf, how can they realease driver that doesn't remmeber settings and keeps on defaulting back to stock settings!?

9. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5700 8GB
    First Vista x64 drivers that have worked without loud static noise and nothing else.

Unfortunaly though, Vista certainly is a bigger resource hog and the new windows explorer is a complete mess so I had to revert back to x64 XP.

10. miasma

miasma Member

GPU:
    gtx 590
    complete flip around

i had very little issues with my xfi extreme music before i put on these drivers. i had minimal static (hear it once every couple of weeks on mp3s for a sec) no troubles and i have Vista 64bit with 4 gb of ram. ive had this sound card since it came out and have loved every bit of it. only real problem i had was every now and then in TF2 when a map is loading i would hear a real loud squeel hiss click pop then dead silence for ~2mins but it would come back.

i thought upgrading to these new drivers would fix that issue but now i have massive constant static with mp3s videos and now i have complete silence every second video opens with the entertainment selected in VLC. to get my sound back i have to change it to game.

no matter what settings i have every problem that everyone else has been complaining about is what i have atm.

these drivers suck. going back and forgetting about it

11. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    I just removed my X-fi! Pain in the arse sound card! Clipping sound bolox! Kept to onboard sound no problems!

12. MwR

MwR Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980/4GB SLi
    And again, nothing comes in the way for XP users. When will be our turn?

13. Phoenix_Inferno

Phoenix_Inferno Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800 GTS 320MB
    I just ordered my X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro last week and i should have it tomorrow.

So basically, which are the best overall drivers? Should i just stick with the ones out of the box, try these, or go for some other version?

EDIT: hope this isnt a massive bump.. found thread via search and its only a 3 day bump >.>

14. SolidBladez

SolidBladez Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti OC
    @Phoenix_Inferno,

This is what I do:

Basically, make sure you deselect Audio Console and X-Fi driver under the CD installation menu.

-Mike

15. Phoenix_Inferno

Phoenix_Inferno Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800 GTS 320MB
    Alright, thanks.

Going to install it now, wee!

16. apintojr

apintojr Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080Ti
    nA, problem still there. i can hear window sounds just fine, but once music or game starts i kept about 1-2sec of nice sound then its just snap crackle &pop then no sound.

17. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    I've been using these drivers since they came out but noticed that when playing music, no sound from the rear speakers with CMSS-3D enabled. I could've sworn I was getting sound from all speakers before, maybe I'm wrong. I have no problem with games though.

Saw this on the web:

Does everyone with Vista not get sound from the rear speakers with music and CMSS-3d?

18. miasma

miasma Member

GPU:
    gtx 590
    after some fussing about ive found that unpluging my wireless pci card and moveing the soundblaster to another pci slot has stopped all the hissing and crackling issues.

my only though is that its sharing irqs with 2 other devices including a sata raid controller with 2 raid arrays on it. stupid how to fixits saying to put it on a non shared pci slot.

anyways im all fixed now so if this helps anyone. goodluck :banana:

19. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    I restored a backup image of Vista and the sound from the rear speakers is back. However for as long as I can remember, the sound level is not as loud as in XP even with the volume maxed. Not happy with the way Vista handles sound atm.