Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi series Driver 2.15.0006 XP and VISTA March 2008

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Krankie, Mar 14, 2008.

1. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    I highly doubt "drivers" change firmware :p

2. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2070
    This dialog box came up saying something along the lines of: "Your firmware will be updated. The computer will restart and the installation will continue."

BTW guys I'm 100% that it updated the firmware. If you guys want I'll run the driver update again and see if the dialog box comes up again.

3. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    yes please screenshot it

cause ive never seen it before

4. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2070
    Well I tried it again. It didn't come up this time around, probably because it detected the new firmware. I'm 100% sure this came up.

I'M NOT CRAZY DAMMIT!!!

5. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2070
  6. Hyvry1

Hyvry1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    I did not notice it, but I only aquired my X-Fi 6 months ago. Perhaps it is for the older cards?

7. acetken

acetken Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 9800 GTX SSC
    Don't think so. My Fatal1ty is from the first or second run and I didn't get the FW update.

8. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2070
    Right now I think only people who got the XtremeMusic before a certain date, got the firmware update.

9. AuDioFreaK39

AuDioFreaK39 Active Member

GPU:
    2x AMD Radeon HD 5970 2GB
    The X-Fi drivers for Windows XP have always sounded significantly better than the Vista ones in my opinion. This latest update brings Vista a small step closer to XP clarity, but it's still not quite there. I don't know how Creative is managing their drivers to operate with Vista's new sound architecture, but it doesn't make me any happier to live with the fact that I have to reboot into XP x64 every time I want crystal clarity out of my X-Fi. And yes, I have a 4GB system but I have never had the SCP issue in Vista. However as stated, I've noticed that the overall clarity of the audio (particularly when the Crystalizer is turned on) is significantly better in XP.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2008
  10. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Can't agree with you here. Vista sounds 100% better imo. Drivers work for me in Vista as they did in XP.

11. Ultraq

Ultraq Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 6800GT AGP
    I dunno about that firmware update thing. I've got a 'first generation' XtremeMusic, but I never noticed anything that said firmware update.
    Although I did try the beta version of these a while ago. I can't recall if those ones tried to do anything funny to my card.

12. Neo47

Neo47 New Member

No you are not crazy; I got the same message to. When you first launch the installer it says that it must update the firmware prior to installing the update. And yes it needed to restart the OS to proceed with the installation. I launch the installer in safe mode and received this message. After the OS started in normal mode it immediately when right in to the installer (blue screen). But I don’t know if newer or older models of these cards have to update their firmware or not with this new update. But it is possible. I forgot to mention that I am using windows xp.

I also very curious if this has anything to do with new update that has appeared on Microsoft’s update page for months now under hardware for these cards because since I updated it has disappeared. Makes be believe that this might be the reason why a firmware update was asked prior to installing the update for the card.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2008
  13. midweskid

midweskid Guest

these drivers sound worse compared to the latest you-pax modded drivers. I'm probably just going to buy a prelude since i never run my X-Fi in gamer mode.