Creative Megaworks 550 5.1

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by xtr3menubi, Jul 6, 2007.

1. xtr3menubi

xtr3menubi Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 460
    Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has experience with these speakers and how they sound? Here is the link with the specs: http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=4&subcategory=25&product=240. I should have it soon, but not sure if I should keep or not since I already have a set of 5.1 speakers.

I have few more questions:

If I hook it up to PS3 how would I go about doing that to get digital sound? Could I use my X-fi sound card and use it as a receiver? I heard you could do that.

If I decide not to keep it, if I were to sell it brand new, how much should I expect to get? Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
  2. xtr3menubi

xtr3menubi Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 460
    nobody knows how they are?

3. CTman

CTman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6800 V9999
    The mentioned Megaworks 550 5.1 is one of the older model and the better 5.1 pc speakerset from Creative Labs. It's great for games and (DVD)movies and is good for music.

But if you want 5.1 surround sound (Dolby Digital 5.1, DTS, Dolby Prologic II etc.) you may want to consider the Logitech Z-5400 or the Logitech Z-5500, because both include the Dolby Digital 5.1, DTS and Dolby Prologic II decoder, which is very handy for game consoles like the PS3, Xbox360 or/and Wii. Great for watch movies DD 5.1/DTS.

But you can also consider the Creative Decoder DDTS-100 to form a great combination with the mentioned Megaworks 550 and PS3; you can hook up your PS3 to this decoder and get real DD5.1/DTS/Dolby Prologic II; With this decoder you also can hook up a DVD player/CD player etc.
    More info: http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=4&subcategory=136&product=9468

Good luck!

4. xtr3menubi

xtr3menubi Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 460
    Nice, never knew that. Thanks for the help.