Creative Labs SoundBlaster X-Fi 2 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Keitosha, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega56 8GB
    Well, since my PCI-e x1 port is never used, i really hope that they will release a PCI-e x1 version. I want to run an X-Fi 2 next to my Prelude since my PCI slots are full.

Yes, i know i'm a madman! :arnie:

2. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    X-Fi 2 is going to be a epic fail hardware because its creative and there EA but for sound cards. really why people keep going to creative labs after having poor drivers and software not even working on vista and yes X-fi had DD and DTS in vista in the dell driver but creative took it off so people got to wait for X-fi 2 with the full working software they had in XP.

Daniel_K made the X-fi work on vista with 100% software and creative was going to sue him for making there driver work on vista lol right, so X-fi 2 can go to hell and creative too.

creative stop with the god damm Fatal1ty crap ok, that guy is a big douchebag for even selling his self to creative labs and putting his ulgy logo on a creative labs box, i bet you creative give this guy $100 for each sound card they sell lol.

BS Auzen X-Fi Prelude is the audio of choice for gaming not the X-fi from creative.

3. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    NvidiaFreak: uuh... duh? it's called sponsorship. If Creative wasn't his sponsor, we probably wouldn't have even HEARD of Jonathan "Fatal1ty" Wendel.

4. bug77

bug77 Banned

GPU:
    Palit 8800GT
    I know exactly what the next X-Fi will be: the next sound I will completely ignore. Well, not completely, because I'm going to read about it. But you get the idea.

5. Postalisback

Postalisback Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 TwinFrozr 2GB
    I knew about him long before I ever knew he put his name on sound cards, X-Fi Prelude > anything with the Fatal1ty tag on it ;)

6. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    hahaha, its funny, that guys street cred left the building years ago and left a big smelly turd in its place lmao

7. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    Prelude is great but only if you have the budget. For others XtremeMusic or XtremeGamer are the obvious choices.
    I doubt Auzentech will get rights to use X-Fi 2 tech right away so don't expect Prelude 2 anytime soon...
    Also regarding DD/DTS decoder. How many of you actually watch DVD's on PC and what difference does it make for today's dual core CPU's. I don't miss that feature at all. Everything else works under Vista as it did under XP. So i have no clue why ppl are complaining and whining all the freakin time.

8. Postalisback

GPU:
    I watched a DVD on my PC a few days ago (Mr. Brooks), sounded great :D

9. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    Well, i'm sure it would sound just as fine without HW decoder.
    I've watched Final Fantasy DVD not long ago and it was stunning on MX5021... No HW decoding involved.

10. Postalisback

GPU:
    I was using VLC to play it, what do you use?

11. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    Wmp11

12. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    I don't really care. I'd much rather get a Prelude (I'm guessing the price will drop when it's no longer the most recent creative chipset) than pay through the nose for new technology.

PCI Express is the only thing that would interest me. Then again, the old Audigy does the job just fine ;)

13. Mannerheim

Mannerheim Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260 oem 1792MB
    My Creative soundcard is my LAST ever!!!!

I can always UPGRADE to my Sound Blaster live! PCI x)

14. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Last creative??

Why do i doubt that lol...Lots of people will go crawling bak to creative when they release a new card.

15. Mannerheim

Mannerheim Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260 oem 1792MB
    If i dont get what i want.. HARDWARE acceleration. I dont need that card.
    Onboard and OLD SB can do the same.

16. Postalisback

GPU:
    Or you could get a Prelude and be a lot happier ;)

17. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    nowdays u dont need hardware acceleration.

U just need go components. becuase software can always emulate anything

18. Postalisback

GPU:
    Wouldn't hardware acceleration be more accurate in tasks like 3D Positional Audio/Reverb Effects etc.?

19. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    Of course it can. Ever wondered why we don't run Crysis (or any other 3D game in that case) using software rendering? Thats right, it's too friggin slow, doh...
    Sure you can render 32 voices and basic EAX (thats 2.0) using CPU with fairly low impact, but forget doing the same using 128 voices (thats 4 times more) using EAX 4.0 HD or even EAX 5.0 HD that applies multiple effects on single sample of each channel including sound reflection and occlusion. EAX2 was global, EAX4 and above are not anymore. The impact would be simply too high even for most high end CPU. Days where one CPU core will be dedicated to sound alone are still at least a (half) decade away imo...

20. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Umm dude...crysis sound is all done through software...No hardware is used. its all the engine doing the work. All effects are using are real-time DSP effects, or reverb. This Gives the same sound quality to everyone on any platform with any sound card.

It refered to as FMOD from crysis Designers.