1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creative Labs shows high-end Sound BlasterX AE-9

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    I've resorted to using default WIN10 1809 audio drivers for my X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champ, no issues and no outdated drivers or services hogging the cpu.Now if only Windows came with a built in EQ, I'd be alright, but yea, no more Creative sound cards for me.

2. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti 11Gb
    Personally I hope they start selling a edition of top-end mobo without sound so people that use their own cards could buy hi-end mobo cheaper.
    Im sure these chips are not cheap and for me its completely useless feature that I disable.
    The only feature i want to come to mid and high-end motherboard not just ultra high-end like now is the OLED screen, im sure it costs them less then audio chip.

3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    Realtek audio chips are actually pretty cheap. That's why they're available on every motherboard.

4. Zagmak

Zagmak New Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1050 Ti
    It's a good news that new high-end Sound BlasterX AE-9 is coming, but what about their famous crappy support(everyone who had Creative sound card know that)? Hey, Creative, what the hell do you think you're doing? You make good products, but why you not hire few good engineers to produce good software/drivers? Why you not hire this talented guy DANIEL KAWAKAMI, who resurrected and gave life to your dying products? Their forum ruined down in 2018 since hacker's attack's and they(Creative) make decision to shut the forum down completely(what a brilliant idea). So, where your users will be able to report bugs/glitches, when your forum is gone? You're destroying your own reputation. SHAME ON YOU Creative! SHAME ON YOU Sim Wong Hoo!
    Creative, before you make a product, ask the users what they want to have in the new product. I hope Sim Wong Hoo, will read this, and if he care, he will do something about it and soon Creative won't swimming in money, but in ocean of money.

I own Sound BlasterX AE-5, It's nice but would have been even better if had Dolby and DTS encoding for optical out + Dolby Atmos. I decided to sell it, to buy a AE-9 if it's worth it. I read in comments, the AE-9 will come up with ES9028PRO DAC? If it's true, why you, Creative, instead of put ES9028PRO, not put ES9038PRO in AE-9, the price range between ES9038PRO and ES9028PRO is ~40$(It's not a pain to die) if we invoke this source.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018

5. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Redacted by NDA
    Perhaps they have something lined up with the 9038.
    Also the 9028 is a drop in replacement for the 9018 so older designs can be used.
    The 9038 is a lot harder to get the best from it.

Zagmak likes this.
  6. StefanHH

StefanHH New Member

GPU:
    ASUS GT710-SL-2GD5
    Can it be expected to be in the class of ASUS Xonar STX (II) regarding music?

7. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    For better price performance in music, you should consider standalone DAC/AMP. Topping D30 + A30 (for headphones) is around $200 for example.
    There more options like JDB Labs if you life in USA.

StefanHH likes this.
  8. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI OC H20
    what ever happened to this card? wasn't it due out months ago?

9. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    Ryan @ Creative said on their reddit forum (which they actually communicate to the public on) said they'll be releasing it at the time of their upcoming 30 year anniversary for soundblaster.

Keitosha and insp1re2600 like this.
  10. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    what made me now watch is they said no USB onboard to pcie on Unit that is the reason i avoided the evga nu audio. Dedicated DAC through PCIE :) Evga is DAC to USB to PCIE :/. I am worried though what they will ask $

11. EarlZ

EarlZ Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Zotac GTX 780
    Between this or the Topping DX3 Pro which would be a better buy? Primary use is gaming and some spotify on the side. I am using a KRK Rokit 7 Gen4 speaker

12. DmitryKo

DmitryKo Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290X 4GB
    BlasterX AE-series main feature is audiophile-grade headphone amplifier - if you mostly listen through studio monitors, consider an external box with balanced preamp outputs, something like SMSL M300 http://www.smsl-audio.com/productshow.asp?id=155 that uses Asahi Kasei AK4497 converter.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019