Creative Junk! Is sound blaster my only option?

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Pigchild, Mar 6, 2006.

1. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    Who says it must be a profesional recording stuff? Studios use different cards anyway, but if you want to record your own guitar play at home its enough.
    Especially since we (the home users) tend to play games and listen to MP3s too, not just record. If you ant to just record you'll probably have different priorities in the first place...

2. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I was stating a opinion. I understand what you mean thats why I have audigy 2, that I will be using in the same PC as my M-audio card..I will be running 2 audio cards..maybe 3 because I might reinstall my Live! as a channel insert DSP processor.. I am by no means bad mouthing the X-fi's I think they are very nice hardware..WHo know I might 86 this A2 and get the X-fi X music..

3. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    BTW we need somebody to do a objective review for the forum. I think thats wht we need around here so we can just point peoplt to the threads..what do you think?

4. Mako Arctus

Mako Arctus Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 670
    I agree

I agree i think it would be nice to Really see what cards are better, i may like my audigy but if your card is a different brand and its better, then good for you.:thumbup:

5. LordAboveAll

LordAboveAll Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 2GB
    That sucks Pigchild what you went through....but I would keep trying, thats good money down the drain.

6. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino Staff Member

GPU:
    old
    Yeah, it would be nice if there was a site, full of unbiased reviews of sound cards.
    *cough* http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=sound *cough*

7. Pigchild

Pigchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Super
    It is somewhat strange that Video card reviews are avalable by the millions, but sound card reviews are not near as plentiful.

Much larger market on Vid cards I guess.

As for my second defective Audigy 2 card, it wont go to waste. My brother wants it, he only uses two speakers on his computer so he won't be bothered by the fact that the center channel port is out.

I've been using Creative cards for over 6 years now, I just want to try something different. To be honest, I have never even heard music or games from anything but a Creative card because everyone I know uses only Creative cards also.

Perhaps I'm going out on a limb ordering the Mistique Dolby live card since it's so different from any Creative card, but It's a risk I'm willing to take.

If it sucks big time, then I will just sell it to someone at work and buy an x-fi card.:frown:

8. ¬69er

¬69er Master Guru

GPU:
    Ge5900Ultra
    I would not agree sound card reviews are difficult to find, Pigchild
    I have just googled and here we go:

comparison of X-Fi Xtreme Music and X-Mystique

So if you looked for information it is there and clearly saying what you can expect from Mystique and what from Sound Blaster.

I was actually surprised to see Mystique performs that bad in games. Apparently FPS count in FEAR is lower then with onboard sound, this is bad, man. Anyway do your reading before you pull the trigger:nerd:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2006
  9. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    He already told you he has done his reading. Seems to me he is well informed now. One review wouldn't sway me none..actually this topic is getting old aswell..You make up your own mind pigchild, it's all infornt of you in black and white...Good luck with your purchase.

10. LordAboveAll

LordAboveAll Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 2GB
    Unless he's colour blind...

11. Pigchild

Pigchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Super
    I had no problems finding several professional reviews for sound cards online. I was simply stating that Video card reviews are 100 times more plentiful.

As for the review you sent the link for, I thought it was great! As I posted before, I expect the X-fi to be better in the game catagory. As for the Mystique card being weak with headphones, I could care less because I never use headphones.

Regarding the FPS issue I will quote from the same review you posted:
    Even running the FEAR benchmark at medium quality, the frame rate difference between the cards is only about 1% which is negligible.

A 1% hit on my FPS I am willing to take.

12. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    So you have made your decision then?

13. Pigchild

Pigchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Super
    Yea, I going with the DD Live card.

Now we can put this thread to rest. Unless 69er posts again telling me how uninformed and foolish I am. LOL!

14. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    No, you read reviews, listened to what people had to say, read the specs and made your OWN decision based on what you learned and what you thought was the best audio card for your needs. You are more than informed That is perfect. Let us know when you get it and how you like it..enjoy.
    BTW how much do you know now compared to when you asked the question? -about audio cards and audio in general? -then we can let this thread R.I.P

15. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    well, good luck my friend, and don't forget to keep us informed...

...ok, now let the thread die. :)

16. Pigchild

Pigchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Super
    Exactly right. I know a ton about video, but before I discussed this sound issue on Guru I didn't know squat about audio. While I'm still far from an expert, I'm much more educated than before. Hell, I even learned a bit from 69er even though he was a little sarcastic.

I should have this card in a week or so, I will post a thread with a mini amature review after I play with it for a while.

Thanks.:)

17. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Well if you want to know something all you have to do is ask, There is nothing thats considered a dumb question...Thats basically why these forums are here and guys like us are here. We were all newbies once no matter how far from that we are now we remeber what it was like...we'll most of us do some think the were granted the knowledge by a devine power and entrusted to keep it safe..lol....Glad we could help..

18. Forbiden

Forbiden Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS @ 810/1900/2200
    When you basically have a monopoly on the sound card market you don't have to care that much. Product sells itself and a lot of people just upgrade instead of fixing current problems.

19. ASmokerz

ASmokerz Member Guru

GPU:
    Power Color 9800 PRO @ 405/715
    I totally agree.

I had a 1yr warrenty with C-labs and had my card changed before it was a SB live DE 5.1. No qns asked and why the hell did u have to phone customer service? just go down to the service center. they will take the card and do all the require testing and repairs if possible Or replace it with a refurbished card.

I will take a good refurbished card.They even extended my warrenty a 1/2 yr hows that for customer service.

From singapore BTW

20. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I posted here by mistake..pls ignore.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2006