Creative Going to Far!!!

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by roguesn1per, Mar 29, 2008.

1. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
  2. evilfury

evilfury Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX Gaming X
    Does someone still have this drivers of daniel for xfi? because i really hate those official ones?

3. Deckard79

Deckard79 Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9600GT passive
    Utterly pathetic behaviour from Creative, but the kind of thing I had come to expect. A year ago I sold my Creative MP3 player, and a couple of months after that sold my Creative X-Fi. I am now SO MUCH HAPPIER with both replacement products, that I simply cannot believe I put up with Creative's garbage for so long! All those days lost venting on their forum about atrocious drivers, functions advertised on the box which simply don't exist... Creative admins threatening to ban me and anyone else with the right to freedom of speech! God, seems a distant memory now...

My advice to any Creative customer is to simply ditch their products. Don't bother whining on their forums... they simply don't care. Stop buying their products, allow them to plummet yet further into financial abyss towards the inevitable - either go bust or get a grip.

I too hope that as many Creative staff & users of Creative products read this message as is possible. Indeed, spread the word. Better products are out there - go see.

4. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    They have zero driver support compared to even Realtek and latest Audigy 2 ZS drivers are one year old. This really, really low from Creative.

I have to quote one post from Creative's forums:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2008

5. Deckard79

Deckard79 Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9600GT passive
    They'll simply lose more customers as a result. Financially, Creative are in an awful state and have been forced to sell their HQ in order to turn a profit for this quarter. Their share prices have plummeted (even prior to the global recession) and their lack of support for their own products would appear to point to a lack of suitably qualified staff.

Sadly, rather than open up their drivers and invite a friendly community to compensate for their shortcomings, they've gone into 'denial' and 'litigation' mode, threatening unhappy customers with the intelligence and knowhow to provide the functionality they paid for (and Creative could not provide).

6. Deckard79

Deckard79 Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9600GT passive
    Until recently they held a near monopoly of the consumer sound card market, so regardless of their customers' dissatisfaction were able to 'get away with it'. EAX was the undisputed standard in terms of audio reproduction in computer games, but Vista has suddenly turned that all around.

ASUS and Auzentech have not only provided viable alternatives, but superior products. Period. Others will follow suit as the market really seems to have opened up.

I would not normally applaud a company's demise, but in this case it can only have positive implications for consumers.

7. Pablo

Pablo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5870 2g VapourX
    I just cant believe that....

What can i say...

Im lost for words..

8. Sieras

Sieras Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 4GB
    It's pathetic, but that's creative for ya..nothing new.
    Too bad that it's very hard to get a better card than creative's in my country, that's why I'm stuck with what I have now (would of get Auzen if that would be possible).

Respect to Daniel K BTW, I've used his audigy support package on my Audigy 4 when I had it and it worked flawlessly.

9. Deckard79

Deckard79 Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9600GT passive
    Have repeated my messages here on the Creative forums, to add my support to Daniel_K and see what happens... ;)

10. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    that's just CREATIVE at their best! I've got two products from them (Zen Vision M & Audigy 2 ZS) and I'm just about to replace them. they must have monkeys with brains the size of peanuts for a staff. their customer support is the lousiest ever, their driver support has a respectable negative reputation and they don't give continuity to the few good products they have (Zen Vision: M). Creative should fall, and should fall hard. They're bringing this upon them.

11. stormy

stormy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5600XT
    You can find all of Daniel's packages here,

http://hosted.filefront.com/braziliantech/

Not that it means much but they have relented somewhat and put a few of his driver threads back in the forums.

12. belgradar

belgradar New Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTS 356mb
    Which dirvers do what i neeed x-fi vista ones

13. stormy

stormy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5600XT
  14. belgradar

belgradar New Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTS 356mb
    thank you Stormy

15. evilfury

evilfury Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX Gaming X
    Those arent x64 drivers, are they?

16. stormy

stormy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5600XT
    32 and 64 bit in one package. Even the official 32 bit drivers package from Creative contains both.

17. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    last nail in Creatives Coffin hehe Years or Promises. Swindling has brought them lower Hope the customers make sure Creative feels the pinch

18. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    What are the main differences between this and the original ones?

19. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    Mainly his editions add proper Support for DDL in vista as well as letting Audigy 4 and older to be able to play games in Vista with proper acceleration aka Alchemy

20. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    Yea, I read about that the other day,I still have his audigy2/zs drivers on cd just incase i slap in the a2zs in another computer. He was doing such a good job too.

But I do agree he messed up when he start asking for donations. because he was doing fine without those donations.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2008