1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crate Entertainment's - Grim Dawn

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by FlawleZ, Jan 20, 2010.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Nice! Mouse targeting! finally. And weapon attacks trigger at any distance. Good news.

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    New patch out for the alpha.
    http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9630

3. pjokerxp

pjokerxp Banned

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 680 2GB
    is it directx 11 ? and can you move using WASD?

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    I'm pretty sure it's DirectX 9 only, at least for now for now and I'm unsure if they have planned to upgrade to DX11 later on, maybe when the game goes into beta?

I think you can move using the keyboard but I haven't played in a while (Been waiting for the next update.) also unsure about other means of control such as gamepads but if there's a demand for it and it's not already in the game then it'll probably be supported when the game is released. :)

5. Wanny

Wanny Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G
    Hopefully they'll give us Act 2 soon. I would do another run :)

6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    i just saw this on steam. is it good?

7. Wanny

Wanny Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G
    It's ok. A bit like Titan Quest. It's low on content tho.

8. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 980/290X
    I bought this game through Kickstarter when it was announced and never played till Act 2 was released the other day, the game is still in alpha stages and will have three acts when complete. I am loving this game, I admit I love hack and slash games, the loot, combining gear to build the ultimate warrior and this game does it well.

For me this is what Diablo 3 whould have been like, not knocking D3 I just find this much better.

Looks great, good sound and background music, nice skills tree and good loot/combination system.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Haven't checked out act 2, too busy with d3 atm. Will look into it at some point, but d3 will be taking up all of my gaming time for the foreseeable future. I'm liking the way this is progressing, though.

10. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Loving playing this game.. I'm playing it exclusively right now since I tired very quickly of PoE and its stupid never ending anal rape of an RNG system and low drop rate.

GD is very immersive. The atmosphere is awesome. its dark and gritty, the graphics are good, and for a small (<10 people) developing this game full time, they are doing an amazing job.

With the recent patch releasing Act 2, there are far more areas/bosses to farm now, and more epic gear that can drop, as well as new components.

Recent updates which will be released with the next patch will include an overhaul to the stat sheets in the character windows.. changes to the font and the inclusion of a very granular listing of character stats..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To give an example.

They are also planning on adding 2H weapons eventually, as well as a new mastery, Arcanist.

Anyway, I'm enjoying this game a lot.. I'm around 300 hours atm. Originally with only Act 1 it got a bit boring, but now with Act 2 its definitely enough content to keep you going. Current level cap is 35 btw.

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    man I need to go back to this game. Just looking at those stat sheets makes me wanna drool. I kinda don't want to play it due to the fact it's only 2 acts. but... it's such a good game already, on this we'll have to agree :)

In fact, I'm gonna fire up the game now and make a new char and mess with it while TESO servers are down.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  12. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    B19 was just released.

main details:

- 2 Handed weapons are now available
    - UI has been reworked - Font coloring is different
    - Lots of changes to balancing of skills and damage types
    - new areas added to steps of torment (multi-level dungeons with tougher and tougher enemies)
    - Constitution bar added over health - need to find food rations to regain constitution - lower constitution will make your health regain slower.

Played a bit last night.. game is feeling better than ever. Gameplay is smoother, run animation was improved, and overall UI is feeling snappier.

Check it out!

13. stalkerfan

stalkerfan Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 Vapor-X
    Just bought this one in the summer sale....wow.....just what id been looking for.
    Feels like Titan Quest but.....with guns hehe.
    Loved TQ and looks like another winner here.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I have this game on my wishlist as it definitely looks very promising for sure. However, I do not buy Early Access games any more regardless of how cheap they are as I want to play finished games not stuff that is months away from completion and what I may have to restart again from scratch once it is released (like I did with Might & Magic X: Legacy). I must admit to being quite annoyed at the number of Early Acess games that were in the Steam Sales because they are on my wishlist but at the moment those seem to outnumber the finished games!!!

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Some games are meant to be replayed over and over, Grim Dawn is one of those games so a wipe won't effect you at all. Some games don't get a wipe.

16. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    The only way that this game would get a "wipe" is if they make large adjustments, so much so that current characters and their save files will no longer be compatible with the finished game at release.

I highly doubt that this will happen based on what I've seen. The worst thing that's happened so far is that after the most recent patch, 80% of my transfer stash got wiped.. which sucked as I had some rare materia in there, but all my characters and their gear were maintained fine. Wasn't too bothered though since its still in development, and I've reacquired most of that stuff anyway.

Since your character/transfer stash files are all stored locally on your computer, the likelihood that they will be wiped is very low. However, I have heard that its happened, so the best thing to do is take backups of them and you're good to go.

If anyone is interested to see more of the game (or if you are not sure about whether they want to get in on it or not) please stop by my newly created stream.. only hardcore veteran gameplay.

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
  18. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    :eek3: thanks eclap, haven't played this in a while been waiting for new patches and content. Will fire it up now and give it a go :)

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    same.

20. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Wow and here we are. I finally have a reason to start to play again lol

I've already put in around 550 hours, maybe more.. was waiting for B21 and now that its here I can start it up again.

Thanks for the heads up.. seems like they only released b20 not that long ago. Glad they are upping the anti here!