1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crate Entertainment's - Grim Dawn

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by FlawleZ, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Wanny

Wanny Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G
    What a game! It's like Titan quest in gameplay, but then the rest is freaking unique and golden. There's no hand holding you just go on your adventure. Potions are rare, game is hard most of the time, plenty of item loots and very atmospheric. Very promising.

2. Kodiak33

Kodiak33 Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    Wanny etc, is it better than PoE (if you've tried that)?

3. Wanny

Wanny Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G
    Well yea I played PoE a lot with Eclap, but I'm done with saying that this game is better than this game. Just see the game as a better, bit slower and more hardcore than Titan Quest.

4. Kodiak33

Kodiak33 Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    I liked D3's gameplay more than PoE, but the atmosphere was great in PoE. From what I've read, Grim Dawn combines the two.

5. Wanny

Wanny Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G
    Just cleared the Alpha. It is a pretty good game with huge potential. Too bad it's already over :(

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    It's far too early to say if it's any good. Basics are there, we'll have to wait to see what the end game is like.

7. stalkerfan

stalkerfan Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 Vapor-X
    Because no-one has ever ever made a predetermined judgement on a game before release on these forums......:3eyes:

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I'm not here to make "predetermined judgements". I know better than that.

9. Wanny

Wanny Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G
    Well the game is good there is just no point to play hundreds of hours on a limited content. Hence why I'm done with it for now.

10. stalkerfan

stalkerfan Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 Vapor-X
    Lol thats the whole point of an alpha/beta playtest isnt it?????

Hmmm maybe im just jelly i didnt get an invite :p

Last edited: May 28, 2013

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    from what I've played, it's great. but the balance and end game is yet to be seen. It could turn out to be a complete farce. I don't play ARPG casually, I get anal about mechanics, balance, loot tables etc. I take them too seriously I guess.

12. stalkerfan

stalkerfan Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 Vapor-X
    Yeah hence why im quite interested in this as i think Titan Quest pisses all over Diablo3, PoE etc even tho its an older title....the skill trees etc are really well done and make for a lot of different and viaried builds.....plus the loot is cool too.
    Glad to hear its looking promising.

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    see, I couldn't really care less about quests in an ARPG lol. all I care about is gear. ARPG are all about gear and builds. I never really played TQ if I'm honest. I mean I have the game and the expansion, played them a few times, but never really in a hardcore manner. I really didn't like the setting of ancient greece (rome or whatever the hell it was)

With Marvel Heroes looking more and more like a flop right now and PoE just doesn't quite cutting it... I might even start playing TQ until Grim Dawn launches. Problem is I will be a complete n00b, hmm...

Last edited: May 28, 2013
  14. Wanny

Wanny Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G
    Got tons of awesome playtime with TQ. Anyway what's up with Marvel heroes? I wanted to try that game next week...

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    dunno... not my cup of tea. and looking at the Marvel Heroes model, it seems like it'll be p2w.

16. Wanny

Wanny Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G
    Ah ok then I'm still gonna try it haha.

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yeah, it's not bad but there's nothing worse than a decent game which is p2w. Neverwinter was the perfect example. they made all the best gear (t2 dungeon epics) BoE (bind on equip). what a fail. well, I bet it was a design decision because these items can be sold on the AH for currency you can buy with $$$. there we go. I quit that game straight away.

18. stalkerfan

stalkerfan Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 Vapor-X
    Quests in ARPGs are just the developers way of making you explore the map lol. Having something to do as opposed to random wandering is kinda a good thing too.......but i agree that loot is always the driving factor.
    Tho the xp rewards in TQ are quite good for quests.

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Ah, I read quite as quests. My bad, I'm tired. Bed.

20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    New update for the alpha version. :)

v0.1.6.9 (b11)

- Adjusted the damage on item granted skills and procs.
    - Replaced the Hellfire and Earthbound rare affix procs with new skills.
    - Replaced the active skills on Boltspitter and Marauder's Quickdraw Gloves with on attack procs.
    - Adjusted Wightmire environment to reduce resource loading burden.
    - Reduced some enemy damage to compensate for the fixed spirit bonuses.
    - Improved the speed at which resources are loaded from archives by the engine.
    - Added inventory item background highlights based on item quality.
    - Hotslot skills activated via keyboard shortcuts are now automatically targeted at the current cursor location.
    - Added corpse persistence option (min = corpses instantly dissolve, max = corpses dissolve after 1 minute).
    - Removed unused "crit shake" options, "camera shake" option moved from Video options to Gameplay options.
    - Fixed a bug in the player stash where the expand stash button could be activated when the stash was fully expanded.
    - Fixed a ui ordering bug which prevented items from being placed in the lower left corner of the player stash.
    - Fixed a bug where the player portrait would intercept mouse events intended for the clock widget.
    - Fixed a bug where pet UI would be incorrectly positioned after a resolution change.
    - Fixed a bug where the hardcore particle effect on the character select menu would not be removed when changing characters.
    - Basic weapon attacks are now targetable at any range when no-move key is pressed.
    - Fixed a bug where weather detail level option would revert to last setting when weather was turned off.
    - Fixed a bug where unified and unique group objects would persist through game sessions.
    - Reduced number of levels loaded directly when teleporting to improve load times.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8478