CPUCORES , is this app really helping your gaming FPS ?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by kx11, Jul 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamie T

Jamie T Master Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    yeah it sure feels like scamming.
    can't get mad at people buying it thinking it will help, specially if they own a bad pc.
    good thing refunds are an option

2. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB 2060S,Gsync,3DV2
    Wow...you provoked me,how may I don't reply now ?

First you hit false accusations on me,this is something that only a sheep would leave from this argument and guess what,I am not one. You wrote that I must be the developer or one of his friends, this could be a serious accusation and you have a chance now to take it back as it is not true.

Second you wrote that I said that I am out but yet I wrote another post...but did you read that post ? Did you miss the spot that I say that I too believe that this program is scamming and it's weird why Steam is leaving it up there yet?

Third....who are you and you expect that I won't reply to your nasty post?? Are you a moderator here? Do you have any rights to blame me or any other member ? Do you have any rights to tell people what to do because it seems better for you? I don't think so. So before blaming someone better think twice. And stop giving orders,you have same speech power as everyone here,nothing more.

If you won't reply now anymore to me I won't have any reason to stay here. I would suggest that you don't have reply but you have the choice (as all of us) to do whatever you prefer. You see the difference here..?

please stay out of this,it's not funny at all if you must know. Thank you.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  3. Blood154

Blood154 New Member

GPU:
    Asus gtx 660 ti top
    Hello guys!

Dev claims his program isolates windows from your game executable. This is literally impossible. You can force programs/associated threads to run on specified CPU cores, sure you can do this with windows services as well (svchost.exe, explorer.exe etc...) , BUT there are device drivers (or Norton Internet Security) for example, which have higher privileges and therefore cannot be forced to a specific core. The only thing this program can do is setting affinity for processes. This is something you can do yourself. There is a free program called Process Lasso, which is able to set multiple affinities and store the desired settings. You can do the same thing this program does under 5 minutes for free! Also it must be noted, that messing with windows/other services is NOT a good idea. For example you can give your game a "dedicated" CPU core, but like everything games also communicate with windows services, well yeah if those get slow then your dedicated core is kind of useless.
    To sum up: Messing with affinities (what this program does) is NOT GOOD and you won't see an increase in framerate, unless you have a cpu hungry background tasks (still better to change priority instead of affinity!!!)!

The things that can make your game smoother and result higher FPS:
    -better hardware
    -overclock
    -shutting down background apps
    -Timer Resolution tool: It helps reducing micro stutters. You can get the tool for free (guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=376458) made by a guru3d user mbk1969.
    -Process Lasso's Gaming Mode: it does adjust the foreground process' (your game) params (such as priority) and disables CPU power saving features. Gaming mode is only available for PRO users, but it is REAL, not some bull**** and Process Lasso is also cheaper+you get tons of additional features.

4. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Lol my friend fell into this marketing trap.

She has a super low-end pc, so she thought it might help. When you think about how only 1% of the pc population actually uses their pc properly (no derp like "I had my hdmi connected to my motherboard instead of my GTX760 for 2 years" xoxoxo), he has made an excellent campaign to cash in on those 99% retards.

Well I don't mind seeing stupid people lose their money.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Stay out of this?

I have been watching and reading this thread since page one.

If I wish to interact with my fellow Guru3D members then I will do so, who are you to tell me not too?

6. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB 2060S,Gsync,3DV2
    I was only speaking about argument between me and Aura89. Jesus,what's wrong with you people. Can't you read clear words ? I didn't say to you to stay out of thread.
    And when you quote someone's words don't edit them, not wise to behave like this,at least if has to do with my posts.

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Guys, there is an ignore button in your userCP ;)

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Thanks... completely forgot about that.

9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    DimmDrive:
    "for DimmWits"

10. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Oh lordy.. Dimmdrive... It can't be?

*Googles*

Oh lawd... More buzzwords.. "For gamers" "By gamers" "built specifically for gaming" "While other programs restrict"

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!

11. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  12. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    lol, is he still talking? i already did this.

Nice

I just looked at the product page, and the first "most helpful" review is:

sonicmouse
    1 products in account
    1 review

Recommended
    0.4 hrs on record
    Posted: July 15
    Great software with great support.

1 product, and reviews, yeah, he's definitely creating false accounts, and since he owns the product he can likely give anyone the product for free, then reviewing the products

I mean, who creates a steam account only for CPUCores......

And most of the other reviews are by people who have either never reviewed a product before, but for some reason felt compelled to review this one, or have 2-3 reviews. Sounds to be like being payed off/friends of the developer.

I don't doubt that some of them are good...but...yeah....

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  13. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    I agree, all it takes to swing the vote is more positive than negative reviews.

It's gone from mostly negative to now positive, because he either creates accounts of give people the software for free or other bribes to get more money from punters.

Circumstantial, but as suspected.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  14. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    It's people like you who give us Greeks a bad name. Well... that and the fact that I come from a country full of flim-flam artists who'd rather make a quick buck scheming with software like this than do a day's worth of honest hard work.

15. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB 2060S,Gsync,3DV2
    Before judging a person from one post try to read all of his posts and then you may get a better idea. (I mean from another threads,not just from one).
    Everyone has the rights to defend his position without having the wish to offend someone. You know the Greek saying "autos pou exei ti miga migiazetai" right?
    Common rule, don't judge if you don't want to be judged.

16. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    Can't this thread die along with the fake app?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.