CPUCORES , is this app really helping your gaming FPS ?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by kx11, Jul 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB 2060S,Gsync,3DV2
    'cause I am sick of threads like this, if it was for sharing serious thoughts for serious programs/utilities I wouldn't post a comment like that. Simple.

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Bingo. I bet you can find places where people will sell their account for a positive review, and he controls key access so giving a free one isn't a problem. Its been shown there are steam groups bullying for free games to give positive reviews (worded or not)

3. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    I agree the game ran much smoother before he enabled CPUCores. The intro video lagged all over and all he did was empty a clip twice. He never really demonstrated why it's such a "needed" program. If he played for an hour or more with it enabled and showed us an actually improvement, I'd be more inclined to believe him. Also if he demonstrated a more modern game that would be better as Source is an old engine that lacks many of the features of modern game engines. At the same time the system he is demonstrating on sucks.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  4. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    You can do this manually with task manager if you want to see the difference, set everything but the game to affinity 0 and then the game to affinity 1+.

That's likely what the program does anyway

5. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Looking at options available it seems that is all this program does. With the added option to disable HT (which as we all know can be done in the UEFI or BIOS).

6. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    You're sick of threads showing products and either finding out if they are a good product or warning that it's found out it's snake oil?

Interesting, maybe you have a different definition of what "threads" in a forum should be?

If you don't like this thread, stop coming back to it, but there's no reason to lock/delete the thread. People will have questions about this product, would you rather the people who have the questions have no answers because everything keeps getting locked/deleted? Are you saying you'd rather this forum be turned into what the steam forum for this product has turned into? This is very perplexing.

7. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Fixed :)
    Add gamer on everything and charge money, coming soon Firefox gamer edition :banana:

8. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    I pretty much pointed exactly that out on the steam forum only to have my post deleted.

9. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    That's really stupid. That shows some immaturity on the side of the developer. Plus the asking price of $20 is stupid as you can get freeware or shareware programs that do the same thing if you aren't sure how to set CPU affinity or disable HT in Windows.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  10. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB 2060S,Gsync,3DV2
    Sorry but you see how this thread goes ? Do you see anything new written except that this program has to be a ***** ? THIS is the only thing that matters and few other serious posts about why it is not worth to pay for. MOST of all other posts are jokes, ok we had fun now we have to move on. But hey,do whatever,sorry if some feel the need to continue pathetic chatting about holes in water. I am out.

About closing threads... there are different type of forums, subjectively speaking there are stupid forums,serious forums, specific forums but the most important difference between all of them could be good management. I feel that this forum has it, that's why threads like this should be closed after 2-3 days because if it's important factors about its' theme are solved and completely discussed there is no need to be filled with spam too.
    That's my opinion, I am not in any state of judging what's the best of anything about how moderators should manage it but I may freely say what I believe would be the best of it. They know better and I respect their decisions because they also carry the responsibility of their actions for the community.

11. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Are you seriously defending this developer? Look at his response when people are asking for a timed trial. He basically tells people to take his word for it. Would you seriously pay for a piece of software like this before trying out a trial version? It's ALL about money, as he isn't even considering a TRIAL until after people give him more feedback (money).

http://steamcommunity.com/app/384300/discussions/0/530646080854650912/

12. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB 2060S,Gsync,3DV2
    Why you "put" different meaning for my post??? Did I ever say that I defend that stuff ?? How the heck did you come to that conclusion ? I too believe it's 100% fake loud and clear.
    Seriously guys,I don't give a s**t about it but I do care about how incorrectly judge my post.

Such kind of advertised programs should be immediately reported (identified as fake after testing and deleted). It's a mystery why Steam may allow such things to be even up for more than one hour,yet still there it is. I thought that first they dig up good about something before they allow to be up.
    They lose rep for this for sure.
    (such moves show that's all about, money and nothing else,very nasty decisions made last two years from many "trusted teams" but who said that companies with big trademarks like Steam,Nvidia,Ubisoft etc are flawless..none)

13. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Wonder if Hilbert could ask for a free copy and then do a write-up for guru3d.com?

My guess is the developer wont do this because it's a complete load of tosh.

Although I dont rule out the possibility it might work, you never know.

However it does raise the ugly question if it's bull**** how much has this guy made from it and what then should be done about him/her?

14. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    His posts say something along the lines of "Imagine you have Firefox, and a few other processes running, and two of your cores are at 25%"

Well sorry, but if 2 of my cores are at 25% with just a couple of things running in the background, I'd be scanning for malware, not installing more rubbish

15. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti
    Exactly, it's complete bullsh*t.

16. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Even if Hilbert did get a free copy. What is the gain? 2-3 fps difference? Is it really worth it?

It's just a scam to make money and the software is completely useless and ineffective...

17. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Hilbert could buy it and get a refund after an hour and a half ;)

18. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Well having a recognised site debunk it would be good and perhaps then steam would be tempted to remove it.

I can imagine Hilbert thinking well I dont want the hassle but I think techsites have a bit of a moral duty to educate people in whats bogus or no.

19. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Especially when the "developer" is actively culling any and all criticism and facts debunking his app to the deletion and banning room.

20. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti
    Damn look at all tho's negative reviews lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.