CPUCORES , is this app really helping your gaming FPS ?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by kx11, Jul 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    You def. need the uber pro premium Version ;)

2. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    [​IMG]
    So, we got the NT Kernel using 4%, DWM at 2% and Audio 1%

I see Firefox is using a big fat 00% LOL

3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    Hold on there, the dev said 5 %. That's like, almost half-a-core extra 4U ;)

4. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    This kind of thing reminds of RAM Doubler software, like software can ever compete with a real hardware upgrade, and yet people still bought it lol

5. Yecnot

Yecnot Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 270 2GB
    Get that same feature with task manager lol, but Process Lasso is the best for software level stability and not performance (especially gaming lol).

6. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    lol what a bellend

7. jim2point0

jim2point0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Ahhhh. The mark of a true snake-oil salesman. Banning criticism.....

8. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
  9. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
  10. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    I should hope so LMAO

Whoever thinks a single program can boost performance by 300% is just plain freaking stupid.

EDIT:

The only "tweaking tool" I have ever used is "Windows Tweaker 3" and this was mainly to add context menu links to the drop down box on desktop (right click anywhere on desktop) for links to apps like paint, command prompt, registry editor, restart, shutdown, task manager, god mode etc. Just to make thing's a little faster to find and navigate to.

My drop down box now looks like this

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015

11. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    Forget CPUCORES this is all you need :banana:

[​IMG]

12. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Someone should hint to Hilbert to review this product.....yeah....

13. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 EVGA FTW
    [​IMG]
    :-( (steam censors goddamn)

14. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    I wonder why i am not banned. Maybe because i tried to explain why this is humbug. But he deleted all my postings of course! Time to write the same in every topic there :D i want to be banned too for telling the truth, haha.

Edit:
    Wow, this was quick, hahahahaha!

Reason: "Please do not spread misinformation with false accusations and please do not post intentionally inflammatory messages which have no constructive purpose. "

This ban will expire on 3 Aug @ 8:38pm. Until then, you will not be able to post in CPUCores :: Maximize Your FPS Discussions.

15. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Someone buy it and then ask for a refund after you test it out.

16. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB 2060S,Gsync,3DV2
    It would be better if this thread is closed OR even better deleted.

17. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    I can email you some RAM while we're at it. :D

18. szakh

szakh Member

GPU:
    GTX980ti EVGA SC+@1501Mhz
    The problem with this type of program is that sometimes, exceptionally, one of them is really working.

I remember the days I was playing Crysis 3 (and then later same effect with Far Cry 4) on my i7-2600/GTX780ti computer and had a lot of stuttering in the game despite having excellent fps (always in the 50fps-70fps range).

I tried every solution available to remove these stutterings, being really stutter sensitive it was my main objective with the optimization process of these games on my computer.

I then find peoples insulting themselves on one forum, some of them saying Timer Resolution (a small software modifying some obscure core timing process on Windows kernel level... Or something like that, I don't care, I just wanted to play games :) ...) was the solution to this problem and other insulting them telling this was just a joke, a fake, a Malware and they were abused by some placebo effects.

So, after trying everything to remove stutter on "Crysis 3" and starting to feel crazy, I gave a try to this piece of junk, and then, it worked, end of the story, no more stuttering, that's all, bye bye...

This software was later the only solution I had to remove stuttering on Metro 2033 Redux also with my new i7-4820k/TitanX computer. Despite having GSync activated, and being in the 100fps-120fps range while playing, the game hiccuped every 5 seconds... "Timer Resolution" was again the solution to the issue, the last one I tried, remembering this software existence after trying every Workaround available everywhere...

So, I say that this is impossible to know if a Software like this will work or not if not tested... The only thing I am sure is that this is pretty dumb to say that this is a piece of crap before trying it...

19. Yecnot

Yecnot Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 270 2GB
    Just like this program, the timer resolution tools utilize a feature already present in windows (timer resolution increases by itself when cpu intensive program start; they just set it to the highest value), yet these people are desperately trying to monetize it.

This program is not useful at all unless you have a lot of ****ware on your pc taking up cpu cycles, especially in newer games where every core gets utilized.

20. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    They have a 16% performance claim playing LFD2 right here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15fiRb5Xvs8

In my opinion the video lags way more when he plays with CPUCores enabled.
    Besides ... opening a notepad log after each run with some FRAPS numbers in them doesn't really tell anything. Since the logs could be prepared beforehand.
    I like the idea, but I find it odd than no one has come forward saying they have reviewed it and it's working as claimed. If I programmed something like this and it worked, I would be sure to let as many as possible review it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.