1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Aug 12, 2011.

1. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX2080
    well at least they got one thing in the name right. Offensive. :banana:

2. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Uh, by your idea of "the only reason there should be a new game" that'd put us back to the original FPS game and just sit there, with no new game coming out, because every FPS game is more or less, point, shoot, kill

no...this is a new game, and by a new game, i mean on a different engine ->

(yes, still source, but different version, possibly a version we haven't even seen as of yet, and trying to say it's on the same engine is like trying to say gears of war and gears of war 2 are on the same engine, when gears of war is on 3, and gears of war 2 is on 3.5, and don't take me as saying that gears of war is good, it's simply and example, and there is absolutely no obligation for any developer to update the engine of any game that has been released, they didn't even have to update it to Source 2010 engine, but technicalities say that this new CS will be on a different engine then CSS, as it won't be the exact same engine) ->

they are re-doing the entire game, and from what has been said, not using anything currently from CSS, as stated in some articles:

"CS: GO is being designed on the updated Source Engine, and isn't built off of Counter-Strike: Source."

So, what you are asking is for them to re-do the entire game, remake everything from scratch, put it on a new engine, add features, add maps, and new content, which is what they are doing for CS:GO, and just update CSS?

I really hope you never go into running a business, it won't last long, and what you want isn't logical at all

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  3. Doug

Doug Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Still playing 15-20 hours of 1.6 per week and although I'm excited for this I just somehow already know I won't be moving from 1.6 :/

Not liking the sound of more SMG's being more powerful at mid-range...

4. Zen0

Zen0 Master Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    Edit: Trailer was fake. It's an old CS: Online trailer not Global Offensive.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011

5. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    ...that's not a trailer for CS GO

that's a CGI trailer for Counter-Strike Online, which is based off of GoldSrc, released in 2008, and released in the asian market

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fwiv1t1QiEE

all that guy did is tweak that trailer to say 2012 and get rid of the online part at the end

6. Zen0

Zen0 Master Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    F***ing youtube pricks! :bang:

7. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
  8. Beast

Beast Master Guru

GPU:
    -
    This game looks horrible and I've played every version of CS since 1999.

They need to not bother with this BS and start working on a new graphics engine for CS 2 not this Source garbage.

9. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    It does look horrible. Not sure if Counter Strike players care though .

10. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1

11. KodY

KodY Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280X Vapor-X
    Well even CS:S was no graphical highlight so no surprises there.
    I hope they finally get rid of the default HL2 sounds..I just hate them so much when I hear them in Source games or mods.

I'm also surprised they changed the AK47 to the real-life model (with empty shells coming out on the right side).

12. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 480 4GB
  13. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Looks like a reskinned CSS with color correction. Kinda unecessary, might aswell just play CSS

14. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armour
    They're doing more than just improving the graphics.

15. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    like what? adding hats? :banana:

it looks exactly the same, except for the widened underpass and staircase on dust. molotov doesn't belong there, and stun gun for humiliation? we all know humiliation is either knife or kill with flashbang.

besides, like others have said, it just a reskinned/color corrected version with a few (very few) different things.

16. mf2385

mf2385 Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    Yes! Finally, I played years in CS 1.3/1.5/1.6 and Source, played in some leagues as well. I can't wait for this to come out! They are doing a beta starting in October, but the game won't be out until next year sometime.

17. peanutmanak47

peanutmanak47 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Love how quickly you guys are to claim its going to be the same old same old.

Of course the core of the game is going to be the same and the new maps are going to be updated with new graphics and stuff but structurally remain the same.

From what I've read its been a solid game coming in from a lot of the previews out there. CS was never known for its graphics at all. its the amazing gameplay that has made it the most successful FPS.

The only gripe i have is that it doesn't seem that they have added many new weapons or anything. I was hoping for some weapons removed and others added. The rifles in the video are all ones that have been in the game forever.

18. The Michael

The Michael Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Some Screens and the Trailer on Youtube.

Valve still uses those damn lowres Textures.
    It's 2011 Valve, you can start using textures with a higher res than 512.

19. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    lol so true..

that's why i dont like their games, they lack of fresh air and are dumb'd down to run on older hw, greedy bastards.

20. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armour
    Their games have always been about the gameplay, there's plenty of graphics demo's with poor gameplay for you guys to play.