Counter Strike Global Offensive :Pre-Purchase Available

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by volors, Aug 7, 2012.

1. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I think i´m going to buy it.

I´ve already played more than 1400 hours on CS Source! So i think i´m gonna like this. And there´s nothing better than playing a mp FPS that relies only on skill and not on perks and those kind of craps...

And even if the game is crap, it´s only 10€, so the loss isn´t going to be big anyway...

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    i don't think this is for me either. Just can't see myself playing this over bf3 for my fps fix. hope you guys enjoy it.

3. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i played it last night. it's just CSS with a bit better visuals. i was really, really hoping it would have a aim down the site feature this time. oh well, i'll get *some* enjoyment for the measly 13.49 it cost ;)

4. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    What about new guns and new maps?

5. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    It's ok. I mostly played the GunGame mode last night.

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    i was actually surprised it liked it. same maps same weapons, but didnt feel boring.
    offline play with bots is also a good addition.
    cant wait till zombie mod gets here though :D

[​IMG]

7. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Had another game today and think it is ok at best and only worth getting if you are a die hard CS player. For me CS got boring long before Valve took over from beta stage way before 2001.

After I got bored of CS:GO I went to compare it against CS:S and it just shows what a lame upgrade this is, should have been a free upgrade on the old game at best. If I'm after old school fast twitch fps game I would rather get Urban Terror which coincidently still for the most part looks better and that is near 10 year old Q3 mod. And people moan about COD looking like crap, this is even worse.

Was hoping for a new gen HD CS with some modernisation but this is just a mild reskin with some tweaks. I guess the money is for the new game modes.. Zombie mode might be interesting.

Meh, cancelling pre-order. Got no time for this, back to RO2 and BF3.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  8. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I admit for publics CS gets boring after a while, but if you play matches in competition >>> BF3 and all that other stuff.

Seems like an upgrade from CSS imo in that aspect, requires more aim then CSS did.

:3eyes:

9. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Giving it iron sight mode would have just made it another CoD clone. I'm glad they didn't.

As for is it worth it? Yes. The updates and polish they've done along with the new modes (My favorite is the 5v5 competitive matchmaking similar to Dota 2), makes it well worth $13.50.

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    man i bought the game yesterday but why it wont preload or download for the BETA?

11. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Looks just as bad as COD does to me. I'm liking the game so far and the addition of offline play with bots is good for just playing a couple quick rounds of gungame.

The server browser didn't work for me yesterday though. I would pick a server and it would just get stuck at joining server for 10 minutes. The quick play option seemed to work though.

12. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Gameplay > Graphics and CoD offers neither.

13. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Can you shoot through walls in CS:GO? Is it closer to 1.6 or CSS?

14. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Not as much as 1.6, but corners of walls and boxes are better to shoot through then CSS.

15. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    preloaded it today and I have not stopped playing it (only to write this). Its awesome. Its a lot more than just a new lick of paint like most of you think that it is. Yea sure its has the same maps and guns, but there are new maps in there too plus we are getting new maps with finished version too and all the old ones from CSS as well. Plus there are more guns in the beta and even more are coming to the finished version. The aiming is A LOT better than CSS was. Still has the pull down glitch that means you aim your crosshair on target and as soon as you start to shoot just pull down to the floor and let the recoil do the rest. Silly but its still fun. I think the graphics look amazing, really really nice polish to it. Character models look detailed, textures are nice and crisp. Draw distance is excellent. New sniping scope is a lot better and takes a while to get used to as they have added a scope blur and more wobble than in CSS. Plus the old maps have not just been repainted. They have been changed quite a bit. New choke points added, new rooms, the same rooms from before have been switched around with new corners and items added. Making you play the old maps in a new way. Plus as always the performance is top notch, 1080p, 4xaa, 16xf, max settings (no motion blur I hate motion blur) I can pull in 150-299fps mostly staying above 200fps.

Still can not wait for mods for this, zombies, surf, custom maps and other modes too.

If you ask me this game is WELL WELL worth the price of £11.99 (or however much it is).Its different enough to feel fresh and new, but its kept a lot of the good qualities from the older games.

16. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Awesome! Just made my purchase.:D

17. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I've never played CS before, would you guys recommend it to an utter newb like me?

18. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I keep crashing while playing the game. Anyone else has this problem?

19. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    nope not had a crash once.

i do hope this beta version doesnt reflect the final version though, no sprays, no flashlight, tried zombie mod, but zombies move 3x the normal speed, no zombie sounds, its a totally different mod from the one from css.
    however did like the remake of lila panic though.

20. micketh

micketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 8GB
    Just bought it, hopefully going to give it an all day session on Sunday! :)