Could This Be Fiji ?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Rich_Guy, May 22, 2015.

1. deusex

deusex Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 FTW3 Ulata
    This card should have been released yesterday, if they want to play seriously.

2. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Fiji is 4GB. It's a limitation of HBM1.

3. xIcarus

xIcarus Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti AORUS
    Compute power =/= better gaming performance. The 290x has about 25% better single precision and approx. 4x double precision performance compared to the 980, yet it's weaker in games.

OT: Damn that card looks good. Don't see any fans though, watercooled?
    But on a more serious note, the 4GB cap would put this card in a weird spot if it performs comparably to the Titan X. I mean two of these babies in CFX might just drive 4k properly, but those 4GB of RAM will not be enough.
    Unless, of course, DX12 introduces stackable VRAM in SLI/CFX.

4. Cor9012

Cor9012 Member

GPU:
    AMD 7970 GHZ Edition
    See I doubt I would get that much of an increase as I game at 2560x1440 with settings on high (No AA) for the most of my games. Average around 50-70 with dips to 30-40 during heavy action.

Witcher 3 is the only game to really tank the pc at such settings and I was expecting that.

And with the launch of the VR from both Valve and Facebook next year looking for a real upgrade in performance to go with either setups.

And crossfire isn't something I would do as I prefer single GPU setups. Less hassles with new games till drivers come out to fix them from either Nvidia or AMD.

5. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2080 Super
    Seems some will be waiting for HBM2

6. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Not me, I do not plan 4k. At best 1440p. And for that I do not need more than 4GB, even 3GB are ok, till I go crazy and try to get 8+ texture pixels per screen pixel textures.
    Tilled resources will help with vram utilization quite well.

7. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Looking at some benchmarks it looks to be around that sort of figure, 50% is probably more on the highend though. It depends on what games your playing really too, the last few games I smashed was Metro 2033, Last Light and Crysis 3. I also game at 1440p so I can assure you I needed all the GPU power I could get from my 2 7970s to run those games at very high details at that res, forget 4K lol

I know what you mean about running one single powerful GPU, have been thinking about myself, but I run a large case (Switch 810) and feel kinda silly not having more than one in there lol Honestly I fancy one of those Phanteks Enthoo Primo cases with 2 Quad rads and 3 GPUs lol

Yeah I'm really curious to get a Rift, when the time comes I was thinking about having it downstairs in my Living room and building a HTPC to hook it up too, may look into a 980Ti for that.

At the end of the day the 300 series is going to be here soon, so waiting is the obvious choice, I can see the 390X beating the GTX980, wouldn't be surprised if its at least on par with the 980Ti and no doubt priced similarly.

8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  9. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Before or after pascal?

10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Right after 980Ti xD

You know why...
    To take wind from its hype sails. As nVidia makes people want new GPU, AMD jumps in and cashes on desire.