1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COUGAR announces Conquer Essence

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 10, 2018 at 8:50 AM.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    COUGAR announces the launch of its new compact-format case Conquer Essence. Unique in its premium approach to compact cases, Conquer Essence keeps all the design elements that made Conquer one of the ...

COUGAR announces Conquer Essence

2. Embra

Embra Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro Fury
    Hasslich!

Yeah, might function alright. I do not like the look.

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti @h2o
    I don't get those open cases tbh... only a PITA in dust management.

4. Kaarme

Kaarme Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 390
    Not my style most certainly, but it's good there are alternatives for all kinds of tastes. That's how a healthy market works. Personally, I'll stick to the Fractal Define kind of highly functional, smooth, monolithic, dark cases with plenty of fan slots, proper filtering, noise reduction, and no nonsense.

fantaskarsef likes this.

5. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    1080Ti @h2o
    Exactly my taste, too. Still wondering if I should get the sound dampening plating for my Corsair 900D.

Kaarme likes this.
  6. Kaarme

Kaarme Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 390
    My Define R5 comes with a level of sound dampening, and it seems to have some real effect from what I can hear. Of course your case is more than twice as expensive, so it ought to be naturally even more sturdy by default, I reckon. There are still some plastic parts in the Define.

7. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    1080Ti @h2o
    I had the Define R4 before, gave it to a friend because his rig is louder than mine (just air cooling) and he has it on the table right next to him, I'm still amazed on how quiet it is when I visit him regularly, great cases they make there :)
    Well I think my biggest problem is getting not the best fans, as well as pump noise, but that's probably due to me turning everything to 100% :D

8. wsgroves

wsgroves Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix OC 1080Ti
    You guys need to try something before you knock it. I have the Conquer case and it is the quietest case I have ever used, and I have used everything from Mountain Mods cubes to evga dg87's and in between. As far as dust, it sucks in way less then you would ever imagine. My central air filter rarely gets cleaned so my place is dustier then the normal. Wife has a newish nzxt case and her fans need cleaned 3 times as much as mine.