Corsair - what do you think of the brand ?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by cucaulay malkin, Mar 24, 2021.

1. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Maha Guru

GPU:
    I personally avoided them till now,I always thought they were kinda overpriced for what they offered.
    First thing I bought was a couple of sp140pro's with a node controller,it was a pretty decent deal and so far I'm happy.
    I gotta say configuring rgb with these+controller was pretty quick and hassle free and the results are great,icue comes with some really great options for lighting.
    [​IMG]

what do you think of them ?

2. GarrettL

GarrettL Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2070S
    I like them, decent products.

I like what they've done with iCUE as well.

[​IMG]

cucaulay malkin likes this.
  3. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    Very good premium brand.

[​IMG]

4. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Never used any Corsair products until I got the K100 keyboard a few months ago, its been solid so far. ASUS is the brand I stay away from. Terribly overpriced and overrated and some of the worst customer service I've ever dealt with.

5. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    I don't like using additional software,but icue seems very polished compared to hyperx ngenuity im using for my kb.a lot of lighting presets are already there,with ngenuity you gotta search for profiles online or make your own,who has the time.
    me too,though I was able to buy a used 1070 strix last year during the shortage for a pretty good price and I'm liking it a lot.I might have to use it throughout 2021 it seems.I was even looking into getting another one for sli just for fun,but they sell for ridiculous prices atm,three times what I paid in October.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
    jbscotchman likes this.
  6. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Got one of their AIOs, couple PSUs and RAM, good stuff.

7. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
    If you do like RGB then Corsair is right choice for you

Personally I don't rate high Corsair, don't like their radiators which are rebranded HWLabs, fans they're meh,tried their fans like ML120 or ML140 fans and replaced them for Noctua A12x25 or PH-F120MP or Thermalright TY-143 or TY-147A fans, RAM I prefer G.SKILL and nothing more,for cases Phanteks or Lian Li(although O-11XL case I wouldn't recommend), for PSU EVGA or Superflower, Silverstone etc and AIO or CLC tried only once AIO and failed within 2 or 3 months hahaha due this I won't touch AIO or CLC hahaha

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

8. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I've got a 10yr old Corsair AX750 thats running a clocked 10700K + 3090 system.
    Got myself a K100 keyboard, it has a really nice feel when typing and isnt a noisy f like my GSkill KM780!
    My Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000c15 clocks to 3866c17 on my 6700K system.
    Had a few other Corsair products and the only one I'm put off by is the mouse.

My Scimitar RGB mouse middle button stopped working just outside the warranty period.
    I'm not best pleased about it.

9. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    Lets not forget about their Dominator ram and indeed their great keyboards!:)

10. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    yes the keyboards are very good but pricey some were on my radar but in the end hyperx was a lot cheaper and just as good.

11. Truder

Truder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury Nitro
    Keyboards - yes (I have a K95 Platinum), memory - maybe. Everything else? I stay away from, definitely wont touch their PSUs. Well, if you go for their high end PSUs, they're ok but value and mid-range.... I've seen a lot of them die.

Can't stand iCue - if you only have one piece of hardware, you have to use this bloated software.... Wish the software would only download the necessary driver/profile for the hardware you're using. Not only that but to deduce its effect on system performance you have to ensure the SDK and plugins are disabled (including the system monitoring)