Corsair vs Razer RGB decision

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Slammy, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Slammy

Slammy Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 7800GTX
    Guys I just can't decide I have both complete setups and have been trying them out.

I was using a Razer orbweaver and a black widow both with cherry browns and the new Razer Mamba wireless on a Razer destructor 2 hard mat.

I bought a Corsair k65, the RGB mat and the Sabre and m65 mice.

I also bought a black widow x tournament edition and and orbweaver both with Razer green switches and the Razer RGB mat. Already had the Chroma Mamba mouse.

My thoughts are this..

Corsair
    1. The mouse cord catches on everything. I'm used to wireless mice.
    2. The mat has a huge USB block that the mouse cord catches on
    3. The keyboard colors are more of a pastel compared to the Razer
    4. However the colors on the mat are brighter than the Razer mat
    5. The wrist rest is too short and/or the angle is too steep. If it came out flat from the board more before angling down it would give better support I feel
    6. I really like the Sabre mouse. Very very comfortable for my Palm grip.
    7. Cherry red keys aren't that great for typing. OK for gaming very low fatigue and they are quiet.

Razer
    1. The keyboard is uncomfortable to game on without a wrist rest.
    2. Love typing on the clicky keys.
    3. The colors are more vibrant but not as bright. Keys do like they are floating, allot more so than the Corsair.
    3. The orbweaver is really comfortable and cool for gaming.
    3. Colors on the orbweaver are amazing, they are incredibly vibrant and pop.
    4. The mouse mat texture is fantastic
    5. Mouse mat "block" is way smaller and it's rounded so no cord catching with wired mice.
    6. Colors on the mat are very nice but they are shielded from the top more. Good so that you don't get blinded by them like the Corsair. But doesn't put out as much light as the Corsair.
    7. Really like my Mamba mouse. Fits my hand great, battery life is great and there is no lag at all despite what people think. I have gone back and forth between all three mice several times.
    8. With the Razer setup, there's more RGB on my desk due to the orbweaver and the dock for the mouse.

I'm obviously leaning toward the Razer set up but it is more expensive and it's more clutter. Plus I don't know about Razer knock off cherry switches. I always had really cherry switches before with my Razer stuff.

Opinions?