Corsair Utility Engine Download (iCUE) Download

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Here you can download the new Unified Corsair Utility Engine application (iCUE). You get to use options like configure both the lighting portions of your keyboard and mouse as well as create powerful...

Corsair Utility Engine Download (iCUE) Download

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  2. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Looks like a nice piece of kit but without the option to create custom fan profile on my Corsair H110i gt i wont be switching.
    After several messages to Corsair i finally got pointed in the right direction on how to create a custom profile.....so all is pretty good.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I still don't know if I should try this, the normal keyboard software causes reproducable, utter lag and stuttering in my system when running while gaming.

DaRkL3AD3R likes this.
  4. vMax1965

vMax1965 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Gaming
    I have to admit to having no issues so far with this. I have the Corsair H150i Pro, Strafe RGB, The M65 mouse and the Vengeance RGB Pro ram (okay so I have gone Corsair and RGB mad!!!) but iCue seems to work with no issues at all with all the profiles working.

The prevoiuse version caused too much CPU usage whenever I set a profile for the RAM but this version seems to have fixed that. The pump control is great and as to Fan control, I just leave that to my motherboard. Looks good, is easy to use and hasn't fallen down yet and now uses hardly any recources..

5. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    latest release gave me a endless reboot cycle, managed to get into safemode and gave a bleachbit system clean and it booted fine after.

6. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    Awful software, only updated 2 days ago and still throws an error message when shutting down. Also consistently consumes 2-4% CPU usage.

DaRkL3AD3R likes this.
  7. screwtech02

screwtech02 Master Guru

GPU:
    6900 XTU
    The basic component monitoring portion works hit/miss as well..... Just a "flashier" version of LINK...

nick0323 likes this.
  8. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    yup, I do not like the cpu usage. It's a little pig.

nick0323 likes this.
  9. DaRkL3AD3R

DaRkL3AD3R Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    The CPU usage is absolutely unacceptable. On my i7 7700k with hyperthreading, it eats up minimum 3% CPU usage which in actuality is like a quarter of an entire core dedicated to what? Being ready on standby for my macros? Checking for updates? What could possibly excuse this amount of CPU cycles spent on a background app that doesn't even get opened and interacted with? Unacceptable.

nick0323 likes this.
  10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Ah, good old corsair quality, tools like this don't even need to use a full percentage.

DaRkL3AD3R likes this.

11. Deckard

Deckard Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3090ti Gaming X
    @Hilbert Hagedoorn Do you happen to have the previous version to this one, Ive just updated and all of my key remapping no longer works. It would help alot as corsair don't even host old versions they also dont list version history which would be very helpful in this case. thank you as always

Deckard

12. robbo247

robbo247 Guest

GPU:
    5700XT Anniversary
    Very strange results for me,removed icue and my temps have dropped a good 8-10 degrees ,I did set everything as i wanted it before deleting icue and saving it too the hardware that way i have no need too have icue sucking up resources when not even active...one thing i will note is when i load up aida 64 it ramps the fans upto full speed which other monitoring programs dont .

13. screwtech02

screwtech02 Master Guru

GPU:
    6900 XTU
    This program is CRAP anyways... They appear to focus on the oooo, ahhhh, rgb crap only....

14. Huigie

Huigie Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    WTF, I just updated to the new version and all of a sudden my nvidia drivers are gone....Completely uninstalled!

15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The thing has a USB hub driver or something that occasionally hits the PCI-E devices if your screen flashes black as you install this then that's your GPU going bye-bye and hopefully returning shortly afterwards but if that bugs then you need to reinstall the display driver.

You can see it saying something to the effect of "installing driver." as this happens in the software and in the iCUE folder the driver itself should also be located along with the various mouse, keyboard and headphone device drivers but that's secondary to it basically hitting the PCI-E stuff and triggering a GPU reset which at worst dumps the drivers, shouldn't happen but if it goes bad then yeah it's driver reinstall time.

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I will get H115i pro rgb tomorrow or on Thursday, do I really need this, judging by others a buggy mess, or Im fine without it?

Or what is CORSAIR LINK Software 4.9.9.3 | 01/28/2019, Is this old icue?

I mean, is it enough to install it one time set color, fan profile and then uninstall for good? Im not interested in monitoring pump and fans, etc. Asus suite3 will be my fan tweaker - xfan part only.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  17. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    Check the Corsair iCUE forums - software is still riddled with bugs and causes game crashing, g-sync issues despite many software updates. I'm building a new PC next month and I regret buying my Corsair Hydro 115i Pro so much I'm getting rid of it despite only being less than a year old. CPU usage is another issue. Download the older iLink software which is still available on Corsair's website. It works.

-Tj- likes this.
  18. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

LOL corsair 115i (100i / 150i) PRO so bad that when I google "Corsair Fan zero RPM" (to see how I can change my HX750i fan zero-RPM settings)

it craps all over my search results :rolleyes:

https://www.google.com/search?q=corsair+fan+zero+rpm

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    Why use that?

I won't use that for sure, too much of a gimmic for nothing..
    Ok thanks, i saw later older 4.6 is the best .

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    nick0323 likes this.
  20. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    It will prompt you to update to 4.7.25 I believe. I'm on that version and it works great. Minimal CPU usage and no game crashes or other weird bugs.

-Tj- likes this.