Corsair To Release H115i Pro and H150i Pro AIO liquid coolers

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    HawaiianBrian likes this.
  2. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    If their pump is the same pos that was installed in my last 2 corsair h115 (both dead and rma) run away from them as far and fast as possible.

3. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I haven't looked into details of AIO solutions, what's wrong with that pump?

4. hapkiman

hapkiman Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X
    I have the H115i and it works great. Going on a year now. The only thing I don't like is Corsair Link SW. Glitchy and I uninstalled it.
    But as far as the cooler - not a single issue with it. Cooling my OC'ed i7 8700k right now in fact, and it's pretty quiet as well.

5. Dazz

Dazz Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    Might give the 360 version a shot hope it's quiet, the H110 was loud as hell even with the fans connected to a 5v line, the pump was just loud so gone back to my Silver arrow after a few days couldn't cope with it.

6. HawaiianBrian

HawaiianBrian Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12 G MSI
    My year old H100i makes no sound, runs great. The software is updated almost every week. It works flawlessly for me.

7. HawaiianBrian

HawaiianBrian Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12 G MSI
    Nothing at all.

8. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Same here, the standard fans it comes with are very loud at higher RPMs, but I can deal with that by changing them or keep the RPM lower. The pump however didn't cause me any issues and it's running on Performance mode since day 1. I don't mind Corsair Link though, as I stopped updating it and have a version that has not caused me any problems and have both my H115i and RM1000i connected and it's great to have such an overview and control.

I also have an old H100 AIO as backup that still works to this day if needed. Guess I was fortunate till now (even had the very first H50 iirc the name correctly back in my i7 920 days).

So yeah, I was kind of an early adopter of AIOs and while the performance might not be the greatest, or can be achieved through air cooling as well, I much prefer the clean look they can offer instead of having a monster cube that covers half my motherboard.

HawaiianBrian likes this.
  9. HawaiianBrian

HawaiianBrian Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12 G MSI
    Most people's problems with noise seem to come from not connecting the electrical connections properly. The pump makes noise when its not getting enough power.
    And if you can't figure out how to make your fans run quietly then there is no hope for you.
    I leave mine at 40% ,silent, and cools the same* as 100%

Almost*

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

11. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Been using my H110i gt for over 2 years now and apart from having to change the coolant after the first few months i`ve had no other issues, as far as noise....its so easy to create a custom fan curve and the link software does what it should.

12. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Both look ineresting, I wonder how well they would do with keeping an overclocked 7800x cool.

13. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    I found no difference in my 2 pump profile setting as far as overall performance.

14. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Me neither to be honest, but supposedly it would be louder when run in performance mode, I don't really find it any louder though.

15. Lebowski

Lebowski Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Zotac
    I have had a H115i since release and it has been great for me. Kept a i7 2700K at 5GHz silently, and now does the same for my 8700K at 5GHz. I swapped out the fans for ML140’s when they were released and run the pump at performance and the fans at a fixed 40%.

I loved the H115i and if the reviews for the pro show a decent improvement in cooling ability without a compromise in noise generated then I will be picking one up.

16. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Looks nice, lots of choice lately, EK have the new EK-MLC Phoenix too.

Wondering if there is a difference in GPU temps going from Air cooled CPU to water cooled CPU? Might not be worth it unless I'm going to overclock the CPU.

17. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink

Hi there

If you are have good air CPU cooler then I wouldn't switch to any CLC or AIO, have run on my 5820k and I couldn't pass 4.5Ghz without having high temperatures, switched back to air and NH-D15 and this has been my decision there

If you are want lower temperatures then custom water loop will give lower temperature but overall outlay can be high and not sure if its worth it as in my case I saw around 5-7°C drop on PKG temperatures if its worth it, in my case yes I cooling as well 3*GPUs

These Corsair AIO still use same Asetek pump as in other models which are rubbish if you comparing to EK Predator or Swiftech, Alphacool, BeQuiet etc plus aluminium radiators, fans are worth it, running 6*ML120 and these fans are pretty good

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

Robbo9999 likes this.
  18. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Thanks for the info, appreciate it!

My question was though, if anyone has noticed a difference in GPU(air cooled) temps, when using a water cooled CPU VS air cooled CPU. Just looking for some temp results from first hand experience.

19. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080

I think this could potentially effect GPU temperatures. Where you choose to put the AIO radiator in the case & whether you use the radiator as an intake or an exhaust will influence GPU temperatures. If you use it as an intake then you're dumping all the hot air into the case, potentially causing a rise in GPU temperatures. If you use the radiator as exhaust then you're sending the heat from the CPU straight out of the case, thereby potentially improving GPU thermals, but when you use it as an exhaust it takes up slots that could otherwise have been used for 'pure' exhaust fans, which arguably exhaust heat more efficiently than the restrictions of a radiator (and this factor could potentially increase GPU temperatures again). If you have a good air cooler on your CPU and it's aligned with an exhaust fan that is close to the backside of the CPU air cooler then it's possible to have zero temperature rise in the case from CPU load (this is how my system is set up and 100% CPU load doesn't increase air temperature in the case at all). Using an air cooler allows all your exhaust ports to be filled with 'pure' exhaust fans rather than restrictive radiator exhausts - so I think air cooling can be more efficient in keeping air case temperatures low & therefore GPU temperatures lower, but it has to be done right.

EDIT: this is a pictorial representation (ignore airflow numbers in diagram as they're not mine) of how I have my airflow setup, see the following (after testing different layouts & fan configurations on loops of Firestrike and Prime95):
    [​IMG]
    What this pic doesn't show is that my GPU draws a fair amount of air from rear panel bottom left from open/filtered PCI expansion slots, and that my CPU fan draws some cool air from ventilated top right panel.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  20. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Its more noticeable at 3055 rpm compared to 2326rpm but its not really louder just slightly higher pitched