Corsair SP2500 speaker review [Guru3D.com]

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Guru3D News

Guru3D News Ancient Guru

Armed with a phat sub two satellite speakers and a very dandy LCD control DSP unit we'll today have a look at that Corsair Gaming Audio SP2500 speaker kit. It definitely surprised us away in terms of...

More...

2. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I've been extremely interested in this since they announced it some time ago. As a 2.1 speaker in and of itself, I would not be interested. But to add another 2.1 speakers as rear surrounds, I would go for this in a heart beat. I already have a 2 x 2.1 (Edifier m3300) system and quite impressed with it.

And damn, bi-amped speakers. Thats like what you may find in professional studio monitors. It must have a very accurate frequency response. This looks like my next audio upgrade.

3. kzinti1

kzinti1 Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
  4. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    how is the corsair sub compared to the Logitech Z5500 sub? i dont care about the range or technical stats i just want to know if it makes things shake harder and loudness

5. RSX

RSX Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6970
    After using that old Altec Lansing for 5 years, this was a huge upgrade for me. I mostly listen to music, watch some movies, not so much gaming, and this speaker just delivers. It was super easy to set up and get it running. I have been using it for 3 weeks now, and the quality of the product really shines through. You can really tell that Corsair has put a lot of effort into designing and building this product as it is a brand new category for them.

6. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    are this made by cambridge?

7. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    i don't think it can beat the z5500, if you want to beat that, you need to move away from surround systems and get yourself an amp with huge speakers along with a huge sub-woofer, from some brand that specialize on audio..i'm planing to do so in the near future..

8. kzinti1

kzinti1 Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    I found the Corsair speakers for the same price as the Antec Rockus, so I went with Corsair. Couldn't be happier. I tried them at full blast just to hear if they were distorted at full volume. They aren't. My ears are still ringing!
    Thanks for the review Hilbert. You were spot on!

9. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    Except that the Z5500 sub is a completely unmusical noise maker. Yes it's loud but it doesn't go particularly deep and really doesn't do a very good job of reproducing the notes it can hit.